• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much do you cost the NHS?

I've cost the NHS a small fortune through self inflicted bodily frailties. I will never, ever have a bad word to say, in the many visits that I've made to the local hospitals they've been brilliant, kind and doing a great service that the three figure deduction every month from my pay packet goes toward.

The only thing that grates me is paying for a prescription, woeful.[

What you need is a illness that gives you free cover on scrips,when i got my first scrip in france i finished up by asking the doc to put on some willy tablets.went to the chemist and everything was free apart from the willy tabs,60 euros for four.That was the first and last time that i paid for sex.

In the last year, 4 doctors appointments, a CT scan, lumbar puncture, MRA scan and 3 nights hospital stay...no idea what that adds up to but i've heard the scans are quite expensive.

We did this in school, went through everything we'd had in a lifetime with a sheet full of prices, I've cost the NHS £3,500, mainly due to broken arm.

The record in the class was £68,000, 10 months in hospital when he was born.

I was one of the lowest costing actually. Most people about 10-15k, braces etc. very expensive.

I had a cartilage operation at 16 and feel that I've probably paid for that with 27years NI contributions. I also have the 'privilege' of being in private health care (god knows how much I've paid in) for the past 24 years which I used 3 years ago for an MRI scan. My wife has used the health care scheme to address and RSI issue and more recently Thyroid issues and now has a 'free prescription' under the NHS..

Back