• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How will you celebrate on Wednesday?

Gremlin

Life President⭐
I've been invited to a party and the menu has just arrived.

Champagne on arrival (France)
Starter - Cavala de Escabeche (Portuguese fish dish)
Main - Vitello Milanese (Italy)
Cheese - a mixture of Spanish varieties apparently
Dessert - Black forest gateau (Germany)

Everyone has to take a bottle of drink so I've hooked a nice Barolo (also Italy) out of the cellar.

So come on then, how will you be celebrating the triggering of Article 50?

I'll be having a quiet moment of reflection before this momentous occasion. What I'll do next is anyone's guess. Id depends on what the fallout is.

Last edited:
I shall be raising a glass (English ale of course, none of that foreign muck :winking:) to Tony Benn, Bob Crow, Jeremy Corbyn, and all the other lifelong anti-EU campaigners. Here's to the future...

I will be paying my Romanian friends for cleaning my car, and thank them for a wonderful job they have done and hope to see them soon

UTS

We'll be having some people around for a meal (curry).Since our guests include our younger daughter's French boyfriend and his Parisienne mother, the conversation's more likely to be about the forthcoming French elections than the latest folie Anglais,I'd 've thought.

Ignoring it. Sick of hearing about it. Too many people spout on about thingy 50 like they know what it really means.

f8528ad69eed936ab9cc9e25c81d2468bab5685b_1_690x295.jpg

This feels a bit like people who celebrate Christmas Eve because the kids can't wait long enough for Christmas. Nothing's actually going to change for at least 2 years yet, probably longer.

This feels a bit like people who celebrate Christmas Eve because the kids can't wait long enough for Christmas. Nothing's actually going to change for at least 2 years yet, probably longer.

It wouldn't surprise me if this dragged on for 5 or even 10 years.

Back