• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How will you celebrate on Wednesday?

Working harder than ever, redundancies have us all overworked and more to come this this year. Seems to be a trend across the Lloyds market and I'm sure it's not going to helped by no access to the single market. Brexit is not popular here at all, if only a few more of us had actually voted rather than assume it was a foregone conclusion.

If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle,roll on wed's.

Yay for me, I'll be in Paris tomorrow hosting a dinner with my company's Spanish, French, Italian, and German business partners. Not only will I be paying for the dinner with extremely expensive Euros but I get to justify my country's Little Englander decision process in each of their second languages. So delighted by the coincidental date for this.

Will use Google's all powerful translation engine to learn 'own goal' in each of those languages.

:sad:

Why not make things easier by copying and pasting a few guardian links...

Never read it in my life.

Remarkable co-incidence then.

The text of the cartoon (Eye 1440 24th March-6th April 2017) reads:-

CLOCKS GO BACK

Don't forget that next week the clocks go back...to 1973.So make sure you remember to adjust your life back 44 years to pre-Eu membership and don't just stay in bed saying "It's too awful to get up."

Working harder than ever, redundancies have us all overworked and more to come this this year. Seems to be a trend across the Lloyds market and I'm sure it's not going to helped by no access to the single market. Brexit is not popular here at all, if only a few more of us had actually voted rather than assume it was a foregone conclusion.

Actually,high turnout (well above GE levels ) was why Leave won.:'(

if only a few more of us had actually voted rather than assume it was a foregone conclusion.
Or to look at it another way, if the remain campaign had actually focussed on positive, beneficial reasons for the UK to remain in the EU rather than saying "we know it's ****, but things could be/might be/possibly/maybe even worse if we leave", then I don't believe we'd be where we are today.

Or to look at it another way, if the remain campaign had actually focussed on positive, beneficial reasons for the UK to remain in the EU rather than saying "we know it's ****, but things could be/might be/possibly/maybe be even worse if we leave", then I don't believe we'd be where we are today.

That's an entirely fair point.The positive case for Remain was never put forward.

That's an entirely fair point.The positive case for Remain was never put forward.
And I think Ricky Otto is correct with his 'foregone conclusion' comment. I reckon even Cameron thought it was in the bag before campaigning began, and it's hardly surprising really - the referendum was Remain's to lose. No wonder DC walked so quickly after the vote - he right royally ****ed it up for the remainers.

The amount of hysteria I've seen on Twitter so far this morning, mainly emanating from Liberals & social justice warriors, is both cringeworthy & comical

And I think Ricky Otto is correct with his 'foregone conclusion' comment. I reckon even Cameron thought it was in the bag before campaigning began, and it's hardly surprising really - the referendum was Remain's to lose. No wonder DC walked so quickly after the vote - he right royally ****ed it up for the remainers.

Yeah that, & I'd also add that the Liberals age-old tactic of simply trying to brand everyone racist & silence any debate on the issues, has ultimately backfired.

Yeah that, & I'd also add that the Liberals age-old tactic of simply trying to brand everyone racist & silence any debate on the issues, has ultimately backfired.

That's your argument with everything isn't it? If a "liberal" says you're wrong, you scream "he's calling me a racist!"

There were so many issues that Leave put forward that turned out to be big fat lies on the 24th June - none of them had anything to do with immigration or race.

That's your argument with everything isn't it? If a "liberal" says you're wrong, you scream "he's calling me a racist!"

There were so many issues that Leave put forward that turned out to be big fat lies on the 24th June - none of them had anything to do with immigration or race.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

No, it's an uncontested fact, that liberals have utilised that tactic for the best part, of the last two decades. If they/you had been a bit more sensible when the issue of immigration had popped up 10 years ago, instead of branding everyone xenophobes, then Brexit may not have happened at all.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

No, it's an uncontested fact, that liberals have utilised that tactic for the best part, of the last two decades. If they/you had been a bit more sensible when the issue of immigration had popped up 10 years ago, instead of branding everyone xenophobes, then Brexit may not have happened at all.

Back at you. The facts are that for every EU immigrant who takes out of the pot, 7 put in (in terms of taxes)...but yet all we hear is anecdotal stories of "Polish men" terrorising Ipswich city centre or Farage putting up fake posters of immgrants queuing to get into Britain where in fact the photo was taken in Austria (IIRC).

The right and the Leave camp exploited these "facts"....

But I'm done. Leave won, well done. All we can hope for is that May & Co don't royally **** everything up in regards to the talks and the remaining 27 don't want to punish the UK too harshly - because then everyone loses, Leave & Remain and possibly the remainder of the EU.

Back at you. The facts are that for every EU immigrant who takes out of the pot, 7 put in (in terms of taxes)...but yet all we hear is anecdotal stories of "Polish men" terrorising Ipswich city centre or Farage putting up fake posters of immgrants queuing to get into Britain where in fact the photo was taken in Austria (IIRC).

But I'm done. Leave won, well done. All we can hope for is that May & Co don't royally **** everything up in regards to the talks and the remaining 27 don't want to punish the UK too harshly - because then everyone loses, Leave & Remain and possibly the remainder of the EU.

You really are an exceptional bell end of the highest order. All negative press on non-British residents is just false news to you.

You came to the conclusion the men I spoke of were Polish, but I think I recall clearly stating that they were more likely to be Romanian or Albanian (although I admit not knowing since I didn't ask them). I doubt you've even set foot in Ipswich town centre, yet you seem to be the "man in the know".

Next thing you'll be telling me was that the lady who got raped by two immigrants the other month in Ipswich was a "made up story".

You really are an exceptional bell end of the highest order. All negative press on non-British residents is just false news to you.

You came to the conclusion the men I spoke of were Polish, but I think I recall clearly stating that they were more likely to be Romanian or Albanian (although I admit not knowing since I didn't ask them). I doubt you've even set foot in Ipswich town centre, yet you seem to be the "man in the know".

Next thing you'll be telling me was that the lady who got raped by two immigrants the other month in Ipswich was a "made up story".

I can post 100 stories of British people getting raped by British people. It proves nothing.

As for bell-endness.....I wasn't the one who tried to bait myself, Barna into "oh look why haven't they posted about Keith Palmer? They must love terrorism...."

Do me a favour and stick me on ignore.

Back at you. The facts are that for every EU immigrant who takes out of the pot, 7 put in (in terms of taxes)...

Lols, we had this exact line of discussion last week, to which I asked you a sensible question regarding immigration, which you didn't/couldn't answer.

but yet all we hear is anecdotal stories of "Polish men" terrorising Ipswich city centre or Farage putting up fake posters of immgrants queuing to get into Britain where in fact the photo was taken in Austria (IIRC).

Granted.

Agreed

But overall, I truly believe that a more sensible approach to the issue of immigration a decade ago, could have seen this avoided. That sensible discussion was continuously & magnanimously rejected & belittled as nothing more than vile xenophobia. So before the liberals, remainers & misguided youth start belting on about idiots & racists voting to leave the EU, maybe they should take a look at their own behaviour, and accept some accountability.

Oh this wasn't coming from the people I follow. Just look at the #BrexitDay to see some out & out wet lettuces

Some people are generally worried for their future, especially those that involve trade to Europe.

Back