• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
This week has been fun and games in the Roots household as a new kitchen is being installed, starting Monday. Today I got a call at 07.15am from the kitchen firm saying they were 30 minutes off with all the units, work tops and so on. They duly turned up when they said they would and started unloading. I asked where they had driven from and they replied Hull. So I started up the 'you're going to get spanked on the 25th bit' as you do, only to get told 'yeah, we come from Hull but both support Man Utd'. Turns out they didn't have much idea about Hull City, but did remember that Freddie was back with the Blues and that his goal against them at the Hall was a 'belter'. Makes you wonder if Hull will manage to bring 2000 down on that basis!!

i messaged the club on twitter yesterday, that was the first day of ticket sales for hull fans and they had sold over 500, so they may bring a fair few down, combined with our sales of at least 6000 already it should be a decent crowd

Wonder if they will top the 1500 they brought down on a tuesday night in april 2000. After years of being in the doldrums they were in with a chance of a play off place while we were going nowhere as usual. Their fans sung non-stop for 90 minutes and are the best away fans I have ever seen at Roots Hall I almost felt sorry for them when we equalised with a few minutes to go. I have had a soft spot for hull ever since(I wont on 25th Jan) and have been pleased to see them rise up the League since then.

To be fair Hull were a small lower league team for years at their old ground and its only since their move to the KC Stadium that they've begun to realise their massive potential and climb the leagues.

So if these guys were in their 30s or 40s they would have grown up when Hull City were attracting crowds of 4,000 at Boothferry Park. As with anywhere in the country, a lot of football fans will choose a bigger team if a Prem or Championship side aren't their local side.

To be fair Hull were a small lower league team for years at their old ground and its only since their move to the KC Stadium that they've begun to realise their massive potential and climb the leagues.

So if these guys were in their 30s or 40s they would have grown up when Hull City were attracting crowds of 4,000 at Boothferry Park. As with anywhere in the country, a lot of football fans will choose a bigger team if a Prem or Championship side aren't their local side.

so you're saying that a modern large stadium would benefit a club with a potential massive fanbase with no top sides within, say, 40 miles? Hmm, i'm sure that sounds familiar....:unsure:

so you're saying that a modern large stadium would benefit a club with a potential massive fanbase with no top sides within, say, 40 miles? Hmm, i'm sure that sounds familiar....:unsure:

Unfortunately Wet Spam are only 32 miles away via the quickest A127 route. And for the moment they are still a 'top' side. Maybe we have discovered the real reason that FF is still in dreamland??

Back