• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hummel

Hopefully we go back to playing in BLUE rather than the navy that we have been for the last few seasons, maybe a blue and yellow home kit again
Don’t think that will happen as it’s was Vic Jobson idea to include yellow for our kit. We have wore dark blue since 2002!

All I like to see is an proper SUFC Crests, rather than sewed on the kits like our Nike one.

Great news. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lightened the blue and brought back a bit of yellow or maybe red. Will be looking to bring back elements from past kits.
And to fans who always say Yellow isn’t Southend Utd... Well it is.. yes It came in the 80’s but was part of our colours for our most successful part of our history.
looking forward to this .. think this is just what we need.... and a new stadium... and squad of players of course ;)
UTB

We actually had red and yellow hoops in 1910/11, after that yellow came back in the 80’s. Personally don't mind yellow as an away kit, after all won the playoffs in yellow. I also don’t mind it as accenting on the home kit, can be more than accenting as long as it isn’t like that monstrosity in the 80’s no matter how successful the period was.

A nice blue home kit and a nice white away kit would bed3cent, Hummel have a good recent history of supplying nice looking kits, so fingers crossed

When its revealed you will moan as you do every time fact
Not a dig, more an observation, have you only got an interest in the kits?, not the finances, on field performances, stadium news, hmrc issues, payment concerns, the youth system, away trips, new signings, players leaving, when fixtures are, if the league will finish, old players, the calibre of the burgers, the fairest way to end the season, relegation woes, how management are performing, player unrest? Genuinely wondering

Hopefully we go back to playing in BLUE rather than the navy that we have been for the last few seasons, maybe a blue and yellow home kit again

Why? Navy is smart and makes us stand out. There is a lot more that can be done with it than we have been doing recently but I don’t think I would want us to go back to royal blue. Too many other clubs with the same.

I’d love to see white shorts at home with a navy shirt, with dark yellow/old gold and white trim. Would introduce a subtle change but still look smart. @Ayrshire Blue made some great Nike mock-ups with these colours that he posted on Twitter.

Yellow and blue (not black) for away but also open to white, sky blue and red.

Why? Navy is smart and makes us stand out. There is a lot more that can be done with it than we have been doing recently but I don’t think I would want us to go back to royal blue. Too many other clubs with the same.

I’d love to see white shorts at home with a navy shirt, with dark yellow/old gold and white trim. Would introduce a subtle change but still look smart. @Ayrshire Blue made some great Nike mock-ups with these colours that he posted on Twitter.

Yellow and blue (not black) for away but also open to white, sky blue and red.

When its revealed you will moan as you do every time fact

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Wasn't bespoke promised last year jusy saying

I think what was promised was taken out of context. The original question was to design some bespoke aspects for the kit. Which it did have with the SUFC down the back and the Essex swords with 1906 on it. It turned out to be one of if not the worst Southend United kit I’ve ever seen. The last minute panic to sort the away kit with the stripes that aren’t actually straight on the kit must’ve been the last straw.

Rhys has done an excellent job in getting this deal sorted and I cannot wait to see the kit and what the club shop will have to offer.

Great news. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lightened the blue and brought back a bit of yellow or maybe red. Will be looking to bring back elements from past kits.
And to fans who always say Yellow isn’t Southend Utd... Well it is.. yes It came in the 80’s but was part of our colours for our most successful part of our history.
looking forward to this .. think this is just what we need.... and a new stadium... and squad of players of course ;)
UTB

If they're using our history to design a kit, and based on this:

Historical Football Kits

they'd certainly not come to the conclusion that yellow is a good idea. It has only been used in 7 home kits in our entire history. Those were all during the Vic Jobson era. He introduced it because it was similar to his company's colours (apparently). Either way, yellow should be a big no no since it is associated with a Chairman more despised than even RM. Red also doesn't feature much either, only in trimmings on very few occasions.

I was surprised, however, that our original colours are actually quite a light blue. I was always under the impression that it was navy blue. As much as I like navy I would love a kit similar to our first ever. I actually quite like it.

I think it has a lot to do with when you started supporting Southend. If like me you started your obsession in the early 90’s....the 1st kit I remember was the Hi-Tec with yellow shorts, my scarf was Blue and yellow, our badge was blue and yellow, away kit was yellow. Basically i was obsessed with football and Southend Utd, so my favourite colours were... yes you guessed it, Blue and yellow. So yeah, it’s totally a personal thing I guess- for me southend were originally Blue and yellow. So to see a little bit of yellow would be nice but I still appreciate that it’s not for everyone and fans from different decades probably have different affinities with other colours. UTB

I think it has a lot to do with when you started supporting Southend. If like me you started your obsession in the early 90’s....the 1st kit I remember was the Hi-Tec with yellow shorts, my scarf was Blue and yellow, our badge was blue and yellow, away kit was yellow. Basically i was obsessed with football and Southend Utd, so my favourite colours were... yes you guessed it, Blue and yellow. So yeah, it’s totally a personal thing I guess- for me southend were originally Blue and yellow. So to see a little bit of yellow would be nice but I still appreciate that it’s not for everyone and fans from different decades probably have different affinities with other colours. UTB
This, for me Firholm and naively thinking Southend had always been blue and yellow. The most logical would be to have yellow on the away.

Back