• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hummel

Will we have an actual shirt sponsor next season? Or does this Paddy Power lark go on for longer?

If we are getting good money to have nothing on the shirt, but the shirt is a great shirt I am happy. With sponsors its yet another case of be careful what you wish for. A sponsors name across the shirt is great if its a sponsor you want.

Also probably we have a sponsor who wont be wanting their money back given they weren't advertising in the first place..

Found this...

Pages 22-25 shows the customisation options

Again though, we won’t be buying kits out of a catalogue like we did with Just Sport and Nike. So nothing in that catalogue will apply to SUFC. Our deal gives us a bespoke kit. Pretty much whatever we want, Hummel will do and they will make it from scratch just for us.

If the season is cancelled and we haven't honoured a full seasons sponsorship, will we have any choice but to continue with the sponsors we have? I can't imagine we are in the position to give partial refunds?
I'd like to think Paddy Power won't request anything. I imagine they got nearly everything they wanted out of the deal last August with their campaign.

I'd like to think Paddy Power won't request anything. I imagine they got nearly everything they wanted out of the deal last August with their campaign.
Yeah that may well be the case, I hope so. There is the back of shirt sponsor to think of as well.

If we are getting good money to have nothing on the shirt, but the shirt is a great shirt I am happy. With sponsors its yet another case of be careful what you wish for. A sponsors name across the shirt is great if its a sponsor you want.

Also probably we have a sponsor who wont be wanting their money back given they weren't advertising in the first place..

If financially it's the best deal for the club, then great. From a purely aesthetics viewpoint, I just personally feel like a lack of shirt sponsor makes it look like a training kit. Delighted with Hummel though. I haven't purchased an SUFC shirt in well over 20 years, but a decent design here would make me reconsider.

Having a look at the website it appears they really are about making bespoke kits, just look at St Pauli kit. I wonder, seeing as it's been brought up recently if there's a chance this kit could have a little throwback about it.

De er danske ikke tyske, meget tak!

Oh yeah, but the Germans always used to exclaim Gott in Himmel when they were shot in the Victor, Lion. or Combat comics in the 60s. So it's a play on words which means nothing to those under 60, I know.

Gud i himlen.

I want us to create an identity that is distinctively Southend. One where we see the new kit and can recognise it us ours without looking at the badge.

The historical kit page is a horrible mish mash of palettes but for the last two decades we've worn navy - a colour that is distinctive from the shades most clubs wearing blue have. Build on that.

For those wanting a change, that's what the away kit is for.

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I think what was promised was taken out of context. The original question was to design some bespoke aspects for the kit. Which it did have with the SUFC down the back and the Essex swords with 1906 on it. It turned out to be one of if not the worst Southend United kit I’ve ever seen. The last minute panic to sort the away kit with the stripes that aren’t actually straight on the kit must’ve been the last straw.

Rhys has done an excellent job in getting this deal sorted and I cannot wait to see the kit and what the club shop will have to offer.

but yyouu have rubbish taste anyway

Back