• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hummel

My dream would be a Southend short sponsored by Rossi's. Or Kebab 2000
Rossi would be great. KEYMED, or under the Olympus name would be another good and local.
Hi Tec obviously for several reasons.
NatWest are now a relatively big local employer.
Osbourne's with the shrimp thing.
MK (electrics) might confuse a few.

I'd much rather have a sponsor or even better a charitable identify. I see one of the Scottish sides has the NHS on theirs. I know finances rule but that would me prouder to wear the shirt.

Agreed, the Prostate Cancer sponsorship last season made it one of the best shirts we’ve had in recent years.

Rossi would be great. KEYMED, or under the Olympus name would be another good and local.
Hi Tec obviously for several reasons.
NatWest are now a relatively big local employer.
Osbourne's with the shrimp thing.
MK (electrics) might confuse a few.
I know this wouldn't be a sponsor but in line with our seaside heritage I'd love to have 'Kiss Me Quick' on the shirts

Bearing in mind that Southend is the HQ to a lot of HMRC staff and our penchant for dealing in such a delightful way with the 'Taxman', how about a nice big HMRC logo on the front of the shirts as sponsorship?

If nothing else the irony would be fantastic, or maybe we could use it as a tax deductable for payments in lieu?

:Happy::Happy:

Last edited:
Before this, I would of said Ryanair or Easy Jet, or Southend Airport, but I doubt they will be in a position to do this now, or expect many passengers for the foreseeable future.

Would love a local brand like Rossi - who are trying to raise their profile nationally. And it's a sponsor that would look good on a shirt..

Unless agreed prior to lockdown, I think Commercial have a big job on their hands to get a sponsor onboard, as every business will be reviewing their spends.

I do like what Hibs have done.... They are letting supporters have 'Thank-you NHS' on the front of their shirts... and club charge £5 for this to be applied as a front sponsor... and all proceeds from that got to the NHS.

We haven't had a paying sponsor on our shirts since the 2013/4 season, and that was the last year of a company that started sponsoring us in 2006 so I don't think that there is a queue forming. Morality aside we did well to get Paddy Power but we were part of a bigger marketing ploy, not the focal point.

I am aghast as to how many on her seem to be on the verge of orgasm over something so trivial.:Stunned: (Where' the tin hat symbol.)

Not sure this needs it's own thread, but Rhys Elingham (our very own Head of Commercial) is advertising on LinkedIn (and I'm sure other places too) for "Official Front of Shirt & Training Wear sponsorship".

So Paddy Power and SEETEC are out then...

Back