• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hummel

Ok, I’m going to be critical. I like the shirt, but can’t stand the collar. If it had been a V-neck, it would have been outstanding.

Black shorts and socks have no business being matched with that shirt though. It should have been white shorts, and blue socks.

Overall, I’d say Hummel are two-for-two so far.

Looking forward to the yellow one being released.
I like the mix of blue with black as it harks back to our kits in our early years (albeit we had white shorts back then).

The shirts do look great, I just hope they last and wash OK. an awful lot of printed stuff on them.

Also as a side note, does anyone know what sort of fit Hummel are? I fluctuate between a medium and large depending on brand.

Finally, sorry @GBJ feel like I'm disagreeing with you a lot today, I like the collar

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
Ok, here's my thoughts for what it's worth (not much BTW)
  • The home kit is really nice and I had already decided to buy it
  • The away is even nicer and I've now changed my mind
  • My eldest son has also changed his mind
  • The whole away kit looks stunning
  • I'm trying to persuade my eldest to buy the whole kit because I like it so much
  • He's not really keen on the whole kit so I'll wait for my youngest to get back from football camp today (in 35 degrees - good luck him!) and try and persuade him
  • As with @GBJ, my eldest isn't 100% keen on the collar because he wants the white all the way around, but that is being hyper critical
  • It looks like Hummel have made a real effort with the kits which Nike simply never did and I for one really appreciate that
  • The 95/96 season was a pretty nondescript mid-table finish in Division 1, which doesn't really inspire, so I'm not really sure why they chose that season to base the kit on

The shirts do look great, I just hope they last and wash OK. an awful lot of printed stuff on them.

Also as a side note, does anyone know what sort of fit Hummel are? I fluctuate between a medium and large depending on brand.

Finally, sorry @GBJ feel like I'm disagreeing with you a lot today, I like the collar

All kits last (including the printed bits) so long as you follow the washing and drying instructions. It's mainly a case of not using a tumble dryer as the heat degrades the transfers. It's not really necessary anyway since they hang dry in no time.

BTW, I'm a medium but I always buy a large so I can get extra layers underneath in the middle of winter...

Last edited:
Ok, here's my thoughts for what it's worth (not much BTW)
  • The home kit is really nice and I had already decided to buy it
  • The away is even nicer and I've now changed my mind
  • My eldest son has also changed his mind
  • The whole away kit looks stunning
  • I'm trying to persuade my eldest to buy the whole kit because I like it so much
  • He's not really keen on the whole kit so I'll wait for my youngest to get back from football camp today (in 35 degrees - good luck him!) and try and persuade him
  • As with @GBJ, my eldest isn't 100% keen on the collar because he wants the white all the way around, but that is being hyper critical
  • It looks like Hummel have made a real effort with the kits which Nike simply never did and I for one really appreciate that
  • The 95/96 season was a pretty nondescript mid-table finish in Division 1, which doesn't really inspire, so I'm not really sure why they chose that season to base the kit on

95/96 was actually a really great season until we fell away at the very end. Believe we were in the automatics at one point. Also we haven’t finished that high up the pyramid since.

I bloody LOVE that shirt. Kelman’s name going on the back of mine (if he stays).

I’d hold off on that, personally.

?

its meh why couldn't they have used another colour no variety at all

Don’t worry, the third one will be yellow, which is a completely different colour

95/96 was actually a really great season

Certainly was for me, as it was when I first started going

95/96 was actually a really great season until we fell away at the very end. Believe we were in the automatics at one point. Also we haven’t finished that high up the pyramid since.

Maybe, but we've had much better seasons they could have based the kit on. It just seems like an odd one. Don't get me wrong, I really like the kit, I just think they could have chosen a better season.

Back