• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am Trying To Learn To Play The Guitar.

Where is Bert Weedon when you need him ?

Here!
_xcFhmcGAnx...thacoustic.jpg

If you have ever seen 'Enter the Dragon' you will know the best way to toughen your hands is to start by punching them into a container of hot sand. Once they start to toughen up you can progress on to hot light gravel and then hot course aggregate.

To be fair the film didn't go into whether Bruce Lee, John Saxon, Bolo, O'Hara or Mr. Han were any good on the guitar.

I would imagine Mr. Williams favoured the bass.

It took me a few years before i thought myself competent, but just keep at it and try and learn a few simple songs that you think you'll be able to play all the way through, build up the stamina in your arms, hands and fingers.

Luckily after 14 years at it my finger tips are rock solid. Practice basic strumming i.e. four strums on one chord, move to another repeat etc until you've played all the chords you know and try different rhythms once you feel comfortable strumming and moving between chords. Learning a few simple scales won't do no harm either, just so you get an idea of what notes sound good together.

Whole Note

This site has tons of them :)

Last edited:
Guitar teacher taught me "Brain Damage" from Dark Side Of The Moon tonight, pretty easy to play. Haha, Gilmour watch out!

Good to see you've taken up the guitar. Good job you didn't do what I did and learnt the air guitar.

They are bloody expensive, I'm often replacing the strings on the bloody thing. Have a lovely case and strap for it.

Took me 5 pints to perfect it.

Hope this helps.

As a guitar player I'll offer this advice.

There is always someone better than you and they usually materialise just as you are trying to impress a girl with a bit of smoke on the water.

Back