• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i cant sleep

jokercomedyclub

this is just stupid ! its 11 pm thursday evening , ive got to be up for work in 6 hrs , iam working 15 hours tomorrow and i cant sleep because iam thinking about bloody saturday !!! how about this for a nice big banana skin !!! swansea at home against the lowly shrews with nothing to play for , a sell out crowd at a very emotional vetch field ( there last game in that sh*t ole ) me thinks i smell a big shock (fingers crossed )

Looks like i'm not the only one who can't sleep til about 3am then, everytime i start to feel tired i get a vision of Eastwood scoring a last minute winner
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jokercomedyclub @ April 28 2005,22:56)]this is just stupid ! its 11 pm thursday evening , ive got to be up for work in 6 hrs , iam working 15 hours tomorrow and i cant sleep because iam thinking about bloody saturday !!! how about this for a nice big banana skin !!! swansea at home against the lowly shrews with nothing to play for , a sell out crowd at a very emotional vetch field ( there last game in that sh*t ole ) me thinks i smell a big shock (fingers crossed )
Lie back, think of Milwall, lovely new stadium, inaugural match against lowly Southend.... Think 0-4.... Imagine the look on all those Milwall fans faces as they trudge home...

Know what you mean, i keep playing different scenarios of the game over and over in my head...

The one that keeps cropping up though.... is we win a tense game 2-1 against yeovil and we are all waiting for the result from the Vetch....Jeff whatever his name is then says....

" Ladies and gentlemen the result you have all been waiting for from Swansea's Vetch Field stadium"....deathly silence descends upon the Hall...

"Swansea City one, Shrewsbury Town.................................................(in true Big brother style) ..........................................................................................
..........................................................................................
......................................................................one!!...

" The mighty blues are Promoted!!"....

Cue wild scenes of celebration, fans invading the pitch, grown men crying and hugging.....

Then i woke up!....

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jokercomedyclub @ April 28 2005,14:56)]this is just stupid ! its 11 pm thursday evening , ive got to be up for work in 6 hrs , iam working 15 hours tomorrow and i cant sleep because iam thinking about bloody saturday !!! how about this for a nice big banana skin !!! swansea at home against the lowly shrews with nothing to play for , a sell out crowd at a very emotional vetch field ( there last game in that sh*t ole ) me thinks i smell a big shock (fingers crossed )
You're not alone. I can't sleep either, and I'm not even going to the game!

Getting married in a month - what's the only thing on my mind - the super blues!! Taking over my life at the moment. AT this precise moment I'm supposed to be teaching 30 children. What am I doing - writing on Shrimperzone!! Bring back mid table mediocrity!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 28 2005,23:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jokercomedyclub @ April 28 2005,22:56)]this is just stupid ! its 11 pm thursday evening , ive got to be up for work in 6 hrs , iam working 15 hours tomorrow and i cant sleep because iam thinking about bloody saturday !!! how about this for a nice big banana skin !!! swansea at home against the lowly shrews with nothing to play for , a sell out crowd at a very emotional vetch field ( there last game in that sh*t ole ) me thinks i smell a big shock (fingers crossed )
Lie back, think of Milwall, lovely new stadium, inaugural match against lowly Southend.... Think 0-4.... Imagine the look on all those Milwall fans faces as they trudge home...
Were you there Tom?
What a marvellous day that was!
Although, it was a bit "fun" getting out in one piece IIRC!

Wasn't it 4-1 too? Lee, Otto, Mooney & one other who I've forgotten!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ April 29 2005,10:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
Were you there Tom?

Would have loved to be there, but sadly I wasn't. But just for once SUFC got it right, and we are now an indelible, unwelcome part of Milwall folklore - the team that snatched the first points at the New Den.

laugh.gif

And yes, I think you are right 4-1 it was.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ April 29 2005,10:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
Were you there Tom?

Seem to remember it being Andy Ansah?

Talking of trouble sleeping I was woken up 5:30am this morning by a nightmare.

Yeovil had been 1-0 up most of the game, but then Lawrie Dudfield, on as sub, equalised with 8 minutes remaining to much jubilation. However with approximately three minutes of the match remaining, I can recall shouting "get back in goal you f***ing midget" as the ball sails over Flahavan's head at which point I woke up just before the ball hit the back of the net.

I'm pretty sure it was Phil Jevons who scored it and he was about 30 yards out. I'm not quite sure how the goal came about but Flahavan was definitely at fault as my cry of "get back in goal you f***ing midget" was definitely one of anger rather than advice. I think it was because I was so angry with Flahavan, that I woke up. The whole thing seems very strange because I can't recall having ever dreamt about a game before nor having ever felt so enraged about events in a dream. I do hope its not a premonition of events to come.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ April 29 2005,12:59)]I do hope its not a premonition of events to come.
I doubt it. I dreamt we beat Wrexham in the LDV - and it's fair to say that that didn't exactly pan out as I'd foreseen...

down.gif

I woke up at 4.30am. Oh. I do that every f**king morning so i have no problems sleeping come 10pm ...

tounge.gif

Back