• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I didnt die!!!!!

Winkle

Manager
Just to let all you shrimperzoners out there no, while you was all probably out in side some pub somewhere today, this shrimper CARRIED his battered body found 26.2 mls of absoulute hell! Dont worry, I live to post for another day and apart from a badly chaffed nipple and ( whats the bit called between your scrotum and your leg ) ...that bit, im fighting fit, although I blew up at 19 mls! I have raised heaps as well, for LITTLE HAVENS HOSPICE which is great, but I will never ever,ever,ever, ever,ever,ever, do it again!

2d7d1rq.jpg

A very Knackered winkle!

Last edited:
well done winkle,i take my hat off to you as it was bloody hot out there today. I too was at the marathon today but only to cheer my friend on, who also ran for Havens. She was running in her first, and last if the drive home is to be believed, will you be doing it again ??

Great job Winkle, I've only ever done a half marathon and that nearly killed me so I can only imagine how tired you must have been after a full one!

Well done fella hopefully I will get to run the London Marathon one day.

I take my hat off to you sir. My fiancee ran it five years ago, but I've not yet had the guts to give it a try - well done!

If you were finishing in a time of 2:50hr to 3:20hr or 4:00hr to 5:30hr, there's a very good chance I cheered you on!

If it's any consolation, I went to the gym on Saturday and, from cold (i.e. no training) ran a 50 minute 9km! My calves still feel like death and loads of marathon runners seemed to find it amusing that they could walk more freely than me!

Seriously, though, good effort and I hope you didn't pick up any injuries.

Very well done mate. Next time take your Dog along with you, should make for a few interesting sights on route.

Very different in the gym to on the road mate....see you at the Southend 10K in October?

In fact, how about a Shrimperzone 10K team?

Back