• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I-pod problems

shrimper loz

First XI
I have had my I-pod since last october and a couple of months ago my computer got a virus and all my music was lost. I havent been able to get all of the music on the computer again because a lot of it was borrowed from friends. At the same time, I-tunes was lost aswell. Now i cant upload i-tunes and plug my i-pod into my computer because it will update the i-pod and all the music will be wiped. is there any way around this? because i need to put the new Chili peppers album (which is fantastic btw!) on without losing all my other music!

You can set up i-tunes to not automatically update your i-pod when you plug it in.

This is from the help program on i-tunes

"To transfer songs manually from your iTunes library to your iPod, iPod nano, or iPod mini, first connect your player to your computer. When it appears in the Source list, choose Edit > Preferences and click the iPod tab. Click the Music tab and select "Manually manage songs and playlists." Then drag songs from your library or playlist to iPod in the Source list."

Which explains it far better than I can.

RCHP new one is very, very weak! They'd have struggled to have a decent 12 track single CD, let alone released 28 dross songs. Very dissapointing - only Dani California is worthy of repeat plays.

Now the new Pearl Jam album is a different story! Instant classic and a real return to form...
smile.gif

There are programs that will also take songs from your Ipod and put then onto your computer.

http://www.ephpod.com/

ephPod can download news, get Outlook contacts, edit your calendar, add songs and few dozen other useful things—but the best feature for you is a simple file export to get your songs off your iPod.

Once downloaded

Open the application, Start > Programs > ephPod.

Make sure your iPod is plugged in and select the drive in the pull down list that your iPod appears as.

Once the application has seen your iPod, double click “songs”—this will bring up a list of all the songs on your iPod.

When you see the song(s) you wish to copy off your iPod, select and “right click” and choose “Copy Songs to Directory” on the song or press Ctril+Alt+C.

ephPod will ask where to save the file.

ephPod will then create a new folder along with the file you selected.

Click OK and that’s it!

Good luck.

Back