• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Javea Shrimper

Just to confirm an earlier story :

Iain O'Connell has been appointed as the new manager of Southern League Division One East strugglers Great Wakering Rovers.

The one-time Southend United player, best known for his days with Dover Athletic and Margate - he won the Southern Premier title with both and played for them in the Nationwide Conference - takes over from Tony Cross.

Cross offered to quit on Saturday after the village side crashed back into the relegation zone with a home defeat by fellow strugglers Leighton Town. That resignation was eventually accepted at a Wakering committee meeting on Monday night and, with the club desperate to maintain their current status, O'Connell, who lives locally and has been with Ryman Premier side Chelmsford City since December 2003, was immediately appointed.

He admitted: "This has all happened pretty quickly, but I'm really looking forward to the challenge. I shall certainly be bringing some new players in, but I know the talent that's available at the club and I feel very confident that we can avoid the drop back into county league football."

Source : NonLeagueDaily.com

WS

He lost his first match in charge, 0-3 away at Waltham Forest ...

WS

I hope it works out for him. Ian's an old mate... and my Grandad played for GWR.

smile.gif

Good luck, Ian.

Ian is a top top fella and i wish him all the luck in the world in his new management career.

He was great for us at Chelmsford. A 'model' footballer, always committed and willing to muck in. Just a bit injury prone though (although for a footballer, age was not on his side anymore). Good luck to him. He deserves it.

AC

Back