• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IF Barny goes....

Strikers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Which is a strong possibility TBH, we are then left with Spencer, Freedman and Walker to play up front. You've also got Laurent and Scannell, who can play up front, but their best postioned in midfield IMO.

So...

Who do you choose to play up top? Freedman has the mobility of a zombie, Walker is jank and Spencer is an unknown talent really.

I honestly don't know who i'd go for? Probably Walker and Spencer.

Also, a very worrying thing, DF, JW have 25 appearences between them this season, and 2 goals to show for it. That idea of relegation is now a real possibility

I can't bare the thought of watching 90 consecutive minutes of Freedman trying to play up front... If we really do fail to bring someone in, then we're gambling on Spencer who may have scored on his debut, but is largely untested.

We'll go 4-5-1 away from home, with Spencer and Walker probably playing up-top.

That said, those who say that relegation is a definite possibility without Barnard should probably try a little positive thinking. It's an age old addage that if you win your home games, you stay up... And our remaining home games are more than winnable. Added onto this the fact that we always finish the season strongly and I really can't see much threat of relegation.

People are over-estimating the likes of Stockport, Wycombe and Tranmere who are dire.

Last edited:
I can't bare the thought of watching 90 consecutive minutes of Freedman trying to play up front... If we really do fail to bring someone in, then we're gambling on Spencer who may have scored on his debut, but is largely untested.

We'll go 4-5-1 away from home, with Spencer and Walker probably playing up-top.

That said, those who say that relegation is a definite possibility without Barnard should probably try a little positive thinking. It's an age old addage that if you win your home games, you stay up... And our remaining home games are more than winnable. Added onto this the fact that we always finish the season strongly and I really can't see much threat of relegation.

People are over-estimating the likes of Stockport, Wycombe and Tranmere who are dire.

Wouldnt surprise me if they are saying the same about us if Barnard goes.

4 points away from Oldham who have 2 games on us. Still a long way to go, but we need to start getting some results!

Contrary to popular, defeatist belief on here we're considered to be one of the better teams in this division that just happen to be going through a bad patch of luck, significantly hindered by financial misfortunes this season.

Needless to say, though, if we lose to Wycombe on Saturday this forum won't be a fun or reasonable place to be for a few days.

4 points away from Oldham who have 2 games on us. Still a long way to go, but we need to start getting some results!

3 points on Saturday are a must, but that goes without saying.

4 of the 10 teams below us have games in hand. Some have 2.

none of them the thought of being left with just those options is terrible, if we sell we have to replace.

getting bored of all this wil he won't he go and also the winding up rubbish. the club needs stability. ron managed to fool every to believeing everything is ok . get him out. ruining our club.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go for the experience of Freedman to help out young Spencer.

I can see us bringing in another forward, even if Barnard stays.

I went for Walker and Spencer as that would be the best (imo) partnership out of a pretty awful choice.

And we are playing most of them, the bottom 2 are doomed so its 8 teams going for 2 places.

Can we do enough to make sure we're not one of those team though?
Without a goalscorer, no creativity and a leaky defence it will be an almost impossible task :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytheshrimper
getting bored of all this wil he won't he go and also the winding up rubbish. the club needs stability. ron managed to fool every to believeing everything is ok. get him out. ruining our club.

Where's your proof?

Theres no smoke without fire. Non payments late payments police implications and raids etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we do enough to make sure we're not one of those team though?
Without a goalscorer, no creativity and a leaky defence it will be an almost impossible task :(

Well who knows but we are often losing by the odd goal which is the frustrating thing, I'm still (reasonably) confident that our home games should see get enough points.

You are probably better off using the report function to report libellous posts than bolding it.

It's not so much that, I'm actually genuinely interested as to why so many people consider RM to be the root cause of all of our problems. Rather than say, for instance, the global recession...

TBH I'd rather play myself up front with Spencer instead of Walker or Freedman!

Back