• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

if i was manager - the team for Saturday ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
aha - Darryl was definately going to be starting until he did his back -
all that blame for corners and stuff was always the back 4 -

but this week I would have them lining up like this -

Collis -
(still hate the way he tapes his socks but ......)

Francis
(got a goal in the stiffs, Hunt must be due a mare so let see how you do for 45 mins Simon)

Clarke -
(clean sheet - have another go Peter - I am increasingly impressed with your shouting)

AB -
(let Peter give the orders Adam)

Hammel -
(I know he scottish but good pace on his passes)

Mark G -
(due a goal)

Macca -
(no arm band tho)

Kev Maher
(let see a bit more mobility and sweat - but Tommy Blackon 60 mins otherwise)

Bailey
(only one wide man away from home)

Leon
(thought you looked a bit desperate last week - grabbing the pen etc.)

Charlie Mac -
(get out there and grab a couple - cos if not its Hoops on 60 mins.)

just ask our man Wickford Shrimper, then we can end this thread!

I think (this could be controversial) Hooper probably did enough on Saturday for Tilly to give him the nod once more...

I think you're clearly related to wiggy with your Darryl-love, RB! ;)

Not a bad shout, but I'd stick Hooper in for Charlie, he scored a goal and didn't do badly on Saturday so he deserves another crack.

Tilson has a dilemma here. Barrett & Clarke is clearly not our best centre pairing. Never mind what they're like as individuals - you need your best team out there; and our best centre half pair includes Garry Richards.

I think we need to play narrow again - we're away from home, against a side on a good run of form; we need to get stuck in in midfield, hog possession, and then hit on the break.

On current form, my XI would be:

........................Collis................................

Hunt.......Richards.......Barrett.......Hammell

Black.......Maher.........Bailey.........McCormack

.............L. Clarke......Hooper.................

Subs: Gower, Odhiambo, P. Clarke, Moussa, Harrold

Tilson has a dilemma here. Barrett & Clarke is clearly not our best centre pairing. Never mind what they're like as individuals - you need your best team out there; and our best centre half pair includes Garry Richards.

I think we need to play narrow again - we're away from home, against a side on a good run of form; we need to get stuck in in midfield, hog possession, and then hit on the break.

Agreed - biggest dilemma Tilly has for this match i think is how to shape up the back 4 - I'd go Richards for certain, with either AB or clarkey alongside. Hooper probably did enough against Crewe to start again...hopefully this 1 match or 45 odd minutes of form he has found will continue :D

I think Tilly may well play the same side as last week. I think I might be inclined to do that too - whilst I see the logic in playing the three central players in certain matches if Macca & Bailey are our first choice pairing now then the more games they play alongside eachother the better.

Hunt has done enough in the last two games to keep his spot without a doubt. Richards would be in my first choice side but I think Clarke and Barrett will get a run together now. Having two shorter than usual centre-backs could not be such a big issue now they've got a taller goalkeeper behind them although it's asking a lot of Collis. I thought both Barrett and Clarke played well last weekend and against most strikers they will be more than good enough, it's against the Bas Savage's and Tore Andre Flo's that they will struggle. I don't know how big a side Walsall are.

Hooper starts and deservedly so.

If everyone is fit:

Collis
Hunt Richards Barrett Hammell
Bailey McCormack Maher Gower
L. Clarke Harrold

Subs
Francis
Moussa
Black
McDonald
Hooper

Moussa, P. Clarke and Hooper on stand-by if Maher, Richards and Harrold aren't fit.

Yorkshire Blue said:
If everyone is fit:

Collis
Hunt Richards Barrett Hammell
Bailey McCormack Maher Gower
L. Clarke Harrold

Subs
Francis
Moussa
Black
McDonald
Hooper

Moussa, P. Clarke and Hooper on stand-by if Maher, Richards and Harrold aren't fit.

I'd go with that, in that formation as well, except Hoops for Harrold, as I think he could be a "streaky" striker, i.e. get 1 or 2 and it will become 5 or 6.

Spot on there Matthew.
I just don't like the potential for disaster with no sub GK, although I'm guessing Hunty or Peter Clarke would be used in an emergency!

Crewe were so poor that I dont think we can base anything around that game..
for me ..
Collis
Hunt Richards Clark Hammel
Bailey Macca Maher Gower
Leon Harrold

Either Hooper and Macdonald looing to come off the bench,,
Black to deffo come on with 25 to go
Barret n Fancis covering the defence

Depends on Wallsalls attacking Line up.
Two Under 6 footers, ball to feet type of team. Defence same as last week
Tall bloke who they try and hit at every opportunity Richards in Barrett to LB Hammell (very unluckily) to the Bench.

Midfield , To a degree depends on Wallsal , Troublesome winger I would tend to play Macca wide right instead of Black doublin up with Hunt to assist.
if the play narrow or the wide men do not appear too troublesome , no Change.

Upfront. No change, however if Richards is in then an early (55-60 minutes) change to Harrold if the ball is getting cleared as opposed to played out of defence. Similarly if they have two big lumps up front and early switch to the nipper forward MacDonald may pay off , but only if we are not clearing our lines but playing football.

I think Leon and Hooper should partner up front, they were quite a team last weekend

xxx

BBC Essex are predicting the same team as last week. We'll see in a few minutes I guess.

Starting XI - no Maher again, although he's on bench this week.

SOUTHEND UNITED: Steve Collis, Lewis Hunt, Peter Clarke, Adam Barrett, Mark Gower, Alan McCormack, Tommy Black, Steve Hammell, Gary Hooper, Nicky Bailey, Leon Clarke. Subs: Che Wilson, Kevin Maher, Charlie McDonald, Matt Harrold, Franck Moussa.

Hm I thought Tilly might have gone back to Bailey, Maher and Macca again for this game.

Whats going on with Richards?

BBC Essex say Foran on the bench instead of Harrold - otherwise as above

Back