• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If no Shrimpers, who would you support?

Wouldn’t go to any other football club and support them.
It would feel like treason, would attend more rugby tho’

The only football I watch is the mighty blues. But if SUFC folded who would you watch?

Personally I would not watch club football at all.
I really wouldn’t have any interest in any other professional football club. Probably go and watch Halstead Town occasionally but that would be it. I’ve never been remotely invested in any other club.

It would be a bitter pill, I don't think you can. Whether you fell in love with them for a year or 50 years - it's part of the fabric of your life.

Could I watch another team yes, could I love them and feel for them like I do Southend no - if she goes then that's it for me.

No one! I would go and watch random games. I could only ever support one club. It’s Southend United the one formed in 1906 and hopefully will be around longer than me.

MARTIN OUT

It would be like losing a family member. I enjoy football so would watch my local team - Hullbridge Sports.. to be fair the food and bar is 10x better than at Roots Hall.

I’m not sure I could but if it happened I could possibly support a non league team, someone smaller than SUFC may not feel as bad. Wakering maybe but it doesn’t feel right.

More seriously, I'd like to think that if 6,000 shrimpers got behind Southend Manor, they could shoot up the leagues in no time.

Hopefully they'd agree to be re-named :

Manor from Southend

After 55 years + of a 91 miles round trip to my beloved Southend , if I thought the heart of the club would be born in the new phoenix club I wouldn’t hesitate to carry on as normal
As I hate the Premier league and if Southend City can’t get underway, I will watch alternative lower league football as I need that fix and that would be Chatham from the isthmian league and for a rare change a great little family club on my doorstep ,but never Gillingham where I live

Back