• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If no Shrimpers, who would you support?

More time to go fishing. My guilty pleasure. There'll never be another SUFC for me, three family generations through the turnstiles and all the memories that accompany that, the rest is just Sky Sports and Premier league.

We could just harass Ron Martin every Saturday after we go bust. Make sure he cant build anything anywhere
This is my mindset also, sadly the reality is a large chunk of our "fanbase" will bugger off to Stratford at the weekends

And another Large Chunk will be too put off by the fact the council and police are Ron's side to make a stand, so it's a lose lose situation

Malaga CF

- They are a seaside club
- Play in Blue and white
- They’re nickname is a small sea creature
- They’ve been run into the ground by a shocking owner and now play regional football.

Plus the food, drink & weather isn’t bad I suppose
Ooof, I would get in there right now, no point hanging around

Reactions: GBJ
Falkirk........
I would pick Falkirk. I've always liked Falkirk.

They were my Dad's team. He was from there. But he took me to Southend because the family had moved down to Essex by then. Otherwise, he'd have been taking me to Falkirk games instead.

If I wasn't a Shrimper, I'd be a Bairn.

Last month was the 20th anniversary of when Dad died. I think of him every time I check the Falkirk score, and I thought of him all the time through the unbeaten league season they just had.

You have no idea how much I wish he had got to see that.

Since we’ve been right in the ****e with RON for the last two years I’ve been going to a lot more non league games at bishop stortford and Harlow town, enjoy it to.

There can't be another SUFC after 56 years of following us. I'm completely alienated from the premiership and international football. I will probably follow (but not really support) Great Wakering Rovers as I've watched them regularly because my uncle lived in the village. I've been taking my grandson to the Hall for the last couple of seasons and I'd like to see him following a local club rather than a London premiership team.

I would pick Falkirk. I've always liked Falkirk.

They were my Dad's team. He was from there. But he took me to Southend because the family had moved down to Essex by then. Otherwise, he'd have been taking me to Falkirk games instead.

If I wasn't a Shrimper, I'd be a Bairn.

Last month was the 20th anniversary of when Dad died. I think of him every time I check the Falkirk score, and I thought of him all the time through the unbeaten league season they just had.

You have no idea how much I wish he had got to see that.
I had a soft spot for Falkirk as I loved watching Richard Cadette play for us and he was there for a time after leaving us.

Wouldn't bother. Might cast a barely interested eye over a few I have a soft spot for, and obviously Chelsea would still feature because they're Kev's team, but other than that, I really wouldn't because no team matters to me really except Southend United.

Back