• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If no Shrimpers, who would you support?

Nowone.

If my kid takes interest id take him to see eastbourne town or borough, couldnt bring myself to go to brighton 😬

FC Cartegena in La Liga Segunda for me. €2 for a pint of Estrella Levante. Free Football Programme, Serrano Ham and Monchego cheese Bocadillas €2. Average 9k partizan fans. Good family club.

I have sky sports and tnt so I’d carry on with that but go to Southend two to three times a year I wouldn’t go and watch any other team

Well my kids are getting to the point where they want to support a team.

Now as we live up north I'm trying to convince them to support a local side, unfortunately that means either Hull, Scunthorpe or Grimsby. I'll more than likely take them along however we have played those sides as equals many times over the years and there will always be the resentment that we won't get to play them again

Plymouth Argyle - I already go there quite a bit anyway for a bit of light relief (and the Rooney thing will be a bit of fun). But it will never be a SUFC replacement, I have the connection to the place but not the birth right.

Just undecided re Southend Phoenix, the Trust I'm sure would be central to setting that up but I think it would need local people to do that, and from 180 miles away I think it could just be too difficult for me to continue as a Board member to do what was needed, if I was local then I'd be all over it. But then there is SUEPA - I spend so much time on that and enjoy it and to let that go would just be horrible. I now find that I need something more than match day, I want to do things that help, have value and are interesting to others, and SUEPA offers that.

Jeez, I don't know, I just hope it will never come to it.

I would pick Falkirk. I've always liked Falkirk.

They were my Dad's team. He was from there. But he took me to Southend because the family had moved down to Essex by then. Otherwise, he'd have been taking me to Falkirk games instead.

If I wasn't a Shrimper, I'd be a Bairn.

Last month was the 20th anniversary of when Dad died. I think of him every time I check the Falkirk score, and I thought of him all the time through the unbeaten league season they just had.

You have no idea how much I wish he had got to see that.
Good to hear your comments, there are so many similarities between Southend and Falkirk...........such as a family community club, nearly went bust before a consortium took them over, established history and loyal supporters.
They had a brilliant season just hope we could do the same in 2024 - 2025, fingers crossed............

Well my kids are getting to the point where they want to support a team.

Now as we live up north I'm trying to convince them to support a local side, unfortunately that means either Hull, Scunthorpe or Grimsby. I'll more than likely take them along however we have played those sides as equals many times over the years and there will always be the resentment that we won't get to play them again
Followed SUFC for 60 years. It's about my grandkids now. I would like them to enjoy a lifetime association with a lower league club. Live just 20 minutes from Brackley Athletic. Watched their NL North play off defeat against Boston United.

Good to hear your comments, there are so many similarities between Southend and Falkirk...........such as a family community club, nearly went bust before a consortium took them over, established history and loyal supporters.
They had a brilliant season just hope we could do the same in 2024 - 2025, fingers crossed............

Yeah, Falkirk went through the wringer.

My Dad died in 2004. In the 2004-2005 season, Falkirk won the league at a canter, and Southend got promoted to League One.

My emotions were all over the place when those two happened.

Most likely, go and watch East Thurrock who have just risen from the phoenix! My local team
I used to go and watch East Thurrock when I visited my Dad. I think he was quite heavily involved with the team back in the day.

I've been following the news about the new East Thurrock. I no longer live anywhere near Essex (up in Durham now). If I did, I'd make a point of getting along to see some of their games.

I would be watching Falmouth Town as I do now.

But if was still living in the Southend area it would probably be no one or phoenix club

Back