• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yes RH would be taken from us in a flash but the level of football we would be playing we would only need something from the Eessex olympian league with rope/barrier round the pitch.

We would easiler find a "ground"

If we were going to rise up the leagues quickly though we'd need support, and good support. The type that would have to be housed in a proper stadium.

If we were going to rise up the leagues quickly though we'd need support, and good support. The type that would have to be housed in a proper stadium.

I honestly believe we would have support a long the lines of FCUM,AFC Wimbledon and FC Halifax who stayed strong with there club and turned out in numbers home and away.

The way I see it, it would be a little adventure around the country to some proper football ground with character unlike these soulless ground we visit now.

As we rise through the ranks of the lowest of low league we would develop the " new ground" then if and when we would ground share to support that league requirements

Like Smiffy said we would certainly have a ground to play in locally that we could call home

I'd probably reclaim my life back from the obsession that is Southend United. Spend some quality time with the family during August to April instead of just the summer months as is currently largely the case.

Probably get myself along to Norwich City with the grandkids occasionally. Been there before and enjoyed the day out.

A genuine question/request should we as fans be preparing for the worse case scenario and start planning (whatever that would entail) do the trust have anything in the pipeline?????? Would wholeheartedly be up for a resurrection job

Occasional trips to see my local team,Braintree. To be honest, not sure I would have the enthusiasm for a 'Phoenix' team as it wouldn't any longer be the club my Grandad took my Dad to and my Dad took me to.

I am not sure I could support a new founded AFC Southend United. I would either support my most local team (never lived in Southend) or just enjoy watching football as a neutral.

just to give the reasons for my enthusiasm to restart a phoenix club if need be, for me SUFC has always been about the town and that sense of community, the amount of people you say hello to over the course of a season but never even learn their name, all together for the same interest, love, passion. I love my home town and love the team that represent it from one end of the nation to the other, I also love the people associated with it (yes even some of those annoying supporters) all efforts must be made to keep some version of this going, of course I could be spouting nonsense and the council will call rons bluff or whatever else could mean the continuation of our club but if not then put me down for some sort of role in the new set up because southend as a place should have a football club it can support/slag off/ daytrip/glory hunt/ignore whatever may be.

Personally think going bust and starting again would be the best thing that could happen to us.

Ok it would have to be in a much lower league but we would have a clean slate and a fresh start.

I also think we would see many fans who have stayed away come back into the grind/

Imagine the tour around all these random clubs

Really cant agree with that. How can going bust be better than enduring a few years of hardship and things getting sorted out?

There are plenty of teams out there who went into administration and turned things around. It may be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but there is still a possibility things will improve.

It would be the worst thing to happen to the club, and if you think people who dont want to watch league two football will suddenly come back to watch non-league football then you will be in for a nasty shock, this seasons attendances will be something to dream about if it ever happened.

Really cant agree with that. How can going bust be better than enduring a few years of hardship and things getting sorted out?

There are plenty of teams out there who went into administration and turned things around. It may be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but there is still a possibility things will improve.

It would be the worst thing to happen to the club, and if you think people who dont want to watch league two football will suddenly come back to watch non-league football then you will be in for a nasty shock, this seasons attendances will be something to dream about if it ever happened.

Top post, the whole AFC thing is a scary scary prospect.

But Admin is not an option for us mate. We survive or we start again. Simple as that.

But Admin is not an option for us mate. We survive or we start again. Simple as that.

Yes but my point was simply clubs who once were in serious trouble have turned their fortunes around.

Just because we are in the mire doesnt mean we will go out of business, who knows whats around the corner. We have possibly bigger hurdles than some because our owner cant afford to run a club but cant afford to sell it.

That still doesnt make me think going out of business is the best thing that can happen to us.

Would support the new AFC Southend. Must have some one to ruin my weekends. Anyway the most important thing about any club in my book are the fans and if new southend is run by the fans then count me in.

In worst case scenario would council allow sainsburys to build on roots hall, also if they did could or would new southend have a space made available on Fossets given that Rons plans would no longer exist?

Would support the new AFC Southend. Must have some one to ruin my weekends. Anyway the most important thing about any club in my book are the fans and if new southend is run by the fans then count me in.

In worst case scenario would council allow sainsburys to build on roots hall, also if they did could or would new southend have a space made available on Fossets given that Rons plans would no longer exist?

I would expect Sainsbury to press ahead. With perhaps a council/investor funded stadium built alongside at RH or a stand alone facility at FF.

I would be be up for organising any new club to rise from the ashes of SUFC .

I will not give up, lay down and be ****ed up the **** by anyone.

Back