• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question If there was no SUFC who would you go to watch?

applelover

Coach
I was watching Arsenal last night and thought that if SUFC didn't exist i'd possibly spend my saturday afternoons at the emirates. I simply couldn't stomach supporting the o's or u's. And i'd rather eat my own vomit than buy a west ham season ticket. Spurs fans get right on my nerves although I do like going to White Hart Lane. Watching Chelsea would be like selling my soul to satan. Of course the problem with Arsenal is the lack of English born talent which stops me having any real enthusiasm about them either.

Perhaps i'd just give up watching football

Any thoughts?

could never support anyone else.....would just be wrong, i'd just be one of those neutrals rooting for the underdog!

some no league outfit i guess, Great Wakering Rovers, Grays or maybe Billericay Town - used to watch them years a go.

Give up football.

There's very little that interests me in football these days outside of SUFC. I'd say that cricket, baseball, cycling and American Football all currently interest me far more and I'd probably also get more into rugby and boxing. Those sports all seem to have more depth to them than football which has seemingly exhausted my interest.

Can't remember last time I watched a game that didn't involve Southend (Or England). I don't even bother checking other teams scores these days, although I still glance at the BBC Sport headlines so I remain aware of such burning issues as Liverpool's crapness.

Pleasingly, as cabbies and Wet Sham fans can attest, not being properly informed about football (outside of SUFC), doesn't preclude one from having stringent opinions on the subject. Not watching any football (other than of course, Southend) means that I enjoy conversations about football in the pub that much more, because the conversation tends to be on a more even footing. Previously being able to name the entire starting line-up and knowing who the reserve right-back was put me at a distinct disadvantage when it came to football conversations in the pub.

That said, it is a World Cup year, so my enthusiasm for football could yet be reignited, because no sport has a tournament quite like the World Cup.

Give up football.

There's very little that interests me in football these days outside of SUFC. I'd say that cricket, baseball, cycling and American Football all currently interest me far more and I'd probably also get more into rugby and boxing. Those sports all seem to have more depth to them than football which has seemingly exhausted my interest.

Can't remember last time I watched a game that didn't involve Southend (Or England). I don't even bother checking other teams scores these days, although I still glance at the BBC Sport headlines so I remain aware of such burning issues as Liverpool's crapness.

Pleasingly, as cabbies and Wet Sham fans can attest, not being properly informed about football (outside of SUFC), doesn't preclude one from having stringent opinions on the subject. Not watching any football (other than of course, Southend) means that I enjoy conversations about football in the pub that much more, because the conversation tends to be on a more even footing. Previously being able to name the entire starting line-up and knowing who the reserve right-back was put me at a distinct disadvantage when it came to football conversations in the pub.

That said, it is a World Cup year, so my enthusiasm for football could yet be reignited, because no sport has a tournament quite like the World Cup.

Great post ..I agree..Have some Red...:)

I would go back to playing again.

As my knee injury which stopped me playing at 17 seems to have cleared up I have been contemplating it anyway so it would be the final straw which would make me play again.

I would play as long as I could and the maybe go into management of a saturday side. I may also got to Crawley now and again but I hate the place so could never really support them.

I've kind of got this question at the moment. I've recently moved from the area and whilst Southend will always be my Club and I'm still aiming to get to Roots Hall once a month plus the odd away game, I feel like I need something to watch on the weekends when I'm out of the Country. I'm planning on watching some League of Ireland stuff but it's a Summer league so not sure what to do for now.

Choosing a Club is going to be a massive decision.

Southend Manor. Where I'm doing a turn on the PA tomorrow night.

Hopefully they can defeat Stansted and do the other team I would - and do - watch a favour in their title bid, Basildon United.

Southend Manor of the Essex Senior League....the only other Senior Club in the Town.

All Southend folk down there, also would still fly the flag for the town.

P.S Big game at home to Stansted tomorrow, 7.45pm Kick off @ Southchurch

Back