• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you are 60 or over, will you still watch the Blues live next season

If you are 60 or over, will you still watch the Blues live next season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am 62 years of age, and have been a Season Ticket holder for year's and year's.
However i do not know if i will renew. Its not so much the COVID 19, but me and the missus have bought a caravan up in Caister, Norfolk. What really gets me though is.
I really think the club are taking the pee with the having bought a Away ticket for Rotherham not giving you the money back. Its a matter of principal for me, not the money. It was Rotherham's money not Southend. So why should Southend even think of taking it.

Yes i can see the discount off off next years season ticket, but Away Tickets. No
I wont be going to a pub near the ground or the Fish House before the game and will wait a little till the ground clears, after. That's if i renew. If not i will go when i am not at the van or working.
I am fairly lucky i am still quite fit. Plus i do think some people are going a bit far with precautions, but that does not mean we should not take this seriously.
But Yes i will still have to have a wee at half time, that does concern me
Especially if you are in the at risk group. You should weigh it all up, not taking the wee wee.
Blues on Tour next season away coach. Got too think about that.

Unfortunately with regard to covid-19 there is more things to consider than your age. For example if you have Type 2 diabetes you have to add 8 years to your birth age...
I have type 2 diabetes, have had for 10 years. On that basis that makes my watching Southend age 77yrs, add the aging effect of our recent teams which probably pushes me past the 80 mark. Still reckon I'll go and manage the risks.

My heart says yes head says no.Its a difficult question to answer the club along with EFL have a conundrum to unravel.Their are many supporters up and down this land worried about whether to attend or not irrespective of their age. I can see many clubs getting less fans attending unless we get confidence which at present is lacking.Perhaps some financial assistance from Premier League which could allow games to shown on IFOLLOW so those who feel unable to attend can see their team anyway obviously fans would have to buy a ticket

I'm 62, I've been every season since 1968 and like so many have said it's a very difficult decision. I'll definitely renew my season ticket come what may. But my wife and one of the grand children are at risk so I'm very wary about taking something home.
As others have observed I can't imagine the Upper South toilets ever being hygienic and don't know how social distancing will work in the South Bank entrance and exit. So, I'll renew, secure my regular seat, but wait and see.

I am undecided, I have an underlying health condition and have done my best to be sensible. Thankfully, I moved to Suffolk just over 2 years ago and now a few minutes stroll away from the fields and some wonderful walks.

I want to go to games, but I don't want to throw taway the sacifices made for the sake of a game of football.

I have a season ticket in the East Stand, which I will renew, but will not decide on attending, until I see what the Club is doing to make the ground Covid secure.

Last edited:
will probably renew the season ticket - but attending live games probably wait and see how thing pan out

Definitely going to renew but I guess, like a lot of others, will have to see how things go between now and when we can actually attend games. I hope there will be options to use ifollow.

I'm 63 on Sunday ( Happy Birthday to me! ), & during last 4 month's have got in a routine of doing the weekly shop at 8am every Thurs, before all the idiots arrive breathing down your neck!. Not for my sake, but partners 92 1/2 yr old mother has been housebound for last 6 years, so have to get her shopping as well. Because of that major concern, i have tried to keep clear of most people when i can. Plus my 81 yr old step mum has bad copd, who i also now visit weekly.
Sitting in the West Stand imo will be fine, but the problems will surface at half time?. Many fans going for a pee, how will the club sort that?. Cant say only 5 at a time or many will pee themselves waiting, & how will they organise a queue & where?.
Cant do it on the concourse, as many huddled out there having a half time smoke!. And at full time, will everyone just leave in a surge, or sections at a time?.
Possibly over re-acting as the Scientists say you've got to be in the presence of a 'carrier' for 10 mins to risk catching it from them, obviously unless they have a coughing fit, & not wearing a mask!.
And then if there is another mass outbreak during the winter, will all fans be banned again??.

The trouble is 'social' (it surely should be 'physical') distancing has all but gone out of the window.
So, there is time to see whether there's a second spike in the next month or thereabouts.
No spike, and it going to the Hall is a justifiable gamble.
A lumping great line north on a Covid chart probably mean fans won't be allowed back anyway.
How the hell that impacts financially on EFL clubs is anyone's guess.
Can any League One/Two club play three months without matchday revenue?

Back