• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you had a time machine

DTS

The Business
during your lifetime which you didn't attend would you want to go back and watch?

I am very lucky in the fact my old man shares a passion for the Blues so he took me as a kid to all the important games in my lifetime such as Peterborugh and Bury away, as well as Everton and Sheff Wednesday.

My game I missed (Due to the fact I was about 4 months old) was the Liverpool home game in the cup. Would loved to have seen 30,000 souls crammed into the hall.

Still cant beleive my old man never took me to the game.
down.gif

The game one of our scouts was at watching Andy Harris so I could point out how sh!te he actually was! Having said that, the wheel of fortune has now turned about.

Our last league meeting at Roots Hall against the Hamsters takes some beating. Barry Fry's first home match. Collymore crossing for an Angell tap in. Lots of unhappy Hamsters. Priceless.

I missed the Bristol City game at the end of the season so that would do me for now! Don't want to go too far back or I might end up in some kind of non-hilarious Back to the Future scenario.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stodge @ July 14 2006,09:19)]Our last league meeting at Roots Hall against the Hamsters takes some beating. Barry Fry's first home match. Collymore crossing for an Angell tap in. Lots of unhappy Hamsters. Priceless.
i missed the goal as i was in the loo. so i'd go back and make sure i wasn't in the loo at that moment in time.

This thread is already painful.

Like Kent Shrimper, I mistimed a holiday only to return to find I'd missed Freddy Eastwood's hat-trick debut and a certain Tesfaye Bramble cat-like performance between the sticks!

I was too late for the West Ham game and spent the first 45 minutes outside the ground listening to the crowd bemoaning my misfortune. So Stodge I feel your pain. Seeing the hordes of unhappy Hamsters after the match was some compensation though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 14 2006,09:46)]probably for me the Liverpool game in 79 ( too young )

and the Anglo-Italian away games ( too skint )

sad.gif
Good point....I think I will change my to Fiorentina Away. I was too young to go.

If I had an time-machine, I would go into the future, on Sat, Augs 19th 2008/09 season, our first ever game in New Fossetts Farm stadium with near 22'000 crowds agasint Liverpool in our first ever Premiership game, Freddy double was enough to beat Liverpool 2-1 to give Southend their first ever Premiership win!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ July 14 2006,10:07)]If I had an time-machine, I would go into the future, on Sat, Augs 19th 2008/09 season, our first ever game in New Fossetts Farm stadium with near 22'000 crowds agasint Liverpool in our first ever Premiership game, Freddy double was enough to beat Liverpool 2-1 to give Southend their first ever Premiership win!
biggrin.gif
Sorry - Time machine can only go back to the future. Pick again
sleepy.gif

Surely you would go back to an important game that we lost and then you could tell the players what happened to cause our defeat and then thay could put this right.

As an example you could tell Graham Bressington where he should have put the penalty in the shoot-out against Notts County in the Anglo-Italian Cup Semi-Final and we could have been on our way to Wembley.

Has to be Hartlepool in the cup spend hours on a coach played really well and was losing 1-0 and thought i would have a sh!t before getting on coach.
This was in the 90th Minute only for me to hear us score while i was sitting on the toilet.
Feeling quite excited i thought i will finish off and watch extra time only for us to score again seconds later.
600 shrimpers going mental and me sitting there with my hands on my head thinking why score 2 in a minute when am havin a dump and then the final whistle went.
When i came out tried to join in celebrations but it did not feel right as i missed the goals.
I suppose sh!t happens
biggrin.gif

Ok, the past, that be it - I would have gone back to Febs 1992, the year we was 2nd in old Division 2. I would make Vic jobson & Dave Webb shake hand in peace rather than their infamous bust up which destroy our chance of going to Premiership. I would tell both of them that our future is on line if both don't sort out their different so I can go back to present, and watch the 1992/93 season video and watch Southend shock ManU & Arsenal by beating them in their own backyard
biggrin.gif

Aldershot 10-1 victory in the Leyland daff in ~88.

I was watching it on teletext and very temted to go at half time when we were 5-0 up!

Back