• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question If you scored at Roots Hall......

DTS

The Business
how would you celebrate?

I had a dream last night that I scored at Roots Hall. We had Wycombe and Kevin Betsy was marking me. The ball came over and went over everyone. James Walker who seemed to have joined us back on loan played in a poor cross and I outjumped a packed Wycombe defence to slam the ball in infront of the Wycombe fans in the North.

I then ran behind the goal and whilst running towards the East I gave their fans the ****** sign. I then slid down on my knees infront of the East and was joined is celebrating by Granty.

Assuming you had scored I would like to know

1) Type of goal
2) Which end did you score in
3) How did/would you celebrate

Like I haven't had this dream a thousand times.

But the last time I had the dream, it was a shot from about 16 yards out, straight as an arrow in to the bottom corner of the goal in front of the North Bank. I then ran towards the East and ran along the edge of the stand, high-fiving everyone in the front row of that stand as I ran past. I think I was captain too.

I have previously skinned three defenders, chipped it up, screamed it into the roof of the net from about 5 yards, a lot like Mark Gower's winner against Darlo (3 - 2)

I proceeded to walk in front of the North with my finger on my lips shushing 2,500 Leeds fans. And then when I finally reached the West I stood in front of the faithful kissing my badge and showing my name on the back of my shirt!

I had a similar dream recently.

I ghosted in at the far post in the 90th minute and scored a diving header from 5 yards out from a Moussa cross.

I slid across on my front just wide of the post in front of the South Stand, and waited for my team mates to bundle me from behind... Gary Neville then gave me a tender kiss on the mouth, I honestly don't remember what happened next...:stunned:

I ghosted in at the far post in the 90th minute and scored a diving header from 5 yards out from a Moussa cross.

I slid across on my front just wide of the post in front of the South Stand, and waited for my team mates to bundle me from behind... Gary Neville then gave me a tender kiss on the mouth, I honestly don't remember what happened next...:stunned:

I'd guess you vomited.

Thats not a dream thats a nightmare!

Mine would be a perfect through ball being played by Antony Grant, sending me running through on goal, and slotting the ball in the bottom right hand corner of the South Stand goal, which winning the match, and crowning us Champions! The celebration? Probably running the length of the West Stand, and sliding on my knees towards the Southend Support, and the Blue Voice lot up in Block V & W, closely followed by my team-mates! :)

Would whip my shirt off a la Ryan Giggs and show off my hairy chest. Obviously the women in the crowd would surge down to the touchline to molest me.

I didn't score in my dream, but was playing in midfield alongside Macca, who unleashed a 30 yard drive into the top corner of the net (yes - it was a dream....) and we both started going mental in front of the East, before being joined by some other players.

I then woke up in a cold sweat.

My goals tend to fall into one of two categories:

1. Steaming in at the far-post, I bundle the ball into the back of the net, pausing only briefly to flick a V sign at Ldnfasto, my momentum takes me into the South Lower where I am mobbed by my adoring fans and then my team-mates (except Macca, who refuses to join in with the team celebrations).

2. The 40 yard volleys or those goals when I take it around 5 players first, in which case I modestly raise my arm to acknowledge the crowd's cheers and standing ovation.

I must say I like the idea of scoring infront of the South and then running below and celebrating with my pals (Lucky Luca, D.O.L.L and Kristof) plus my old man.

Just as the fans thing the celebration is over I turn back to the South Upper and unleash an almighty ball of flem which flys up and splats Ldn Fatso in the centre of his red forehead sending him crashing down onto the gravelly surface below.

The crowd gasp in amazement before applauding and I become an instant fan favourite.

Last edited:
Tilly hits a corner, which is headed out to me standing on the edge of the box. I let it bounce, dummy an incoming tackle, then hammer it into top left hand corner. I run to the corner of the North/East stands and punch the corner flag. There is a pitch invasion, as it's the goal which secures our place in the Premiership (we're talking 1991 and Webby's still in charge). There's a massive singalong, and then we all go down Tots.

I had signed for Real Madrid from Southend for a record breaking fee.

I beat three players to score a wonder goal against Southend in a Champions league semi but refuse to celebrate despite being mobbed by my team mates.

The Southend fans burst into spontaneous applause to register their appreciation at what they had just seen.

The mood changes as someone in the East Blacks throws a blue flare at me as I walking back to the centre circle.

They are promptly kicked to death by angry Southend fans marring a great night for football.

Last edited:
My goals tend to fall into one of two categories:

1. Steaming in at the far-post, I bundle the ball into the back of the net, pausing only briefly to flick a V sign at Ldnfasto, my momentum takes me into the South Lower where I am mobbed by my adoring fans and then my team-mates (except Macca, who refuses to join in with the team celebrations).

2. The 40 yard volleys or those goals when I take it around 5 players first, in which case I modestly raise my arm to acknowledge the crowd's cheers and standing ovation.

I must say I like the idea of scoring infront of the South and then running below and celebrating with my pals (Lucky Luca, D.O.L.L and Kristof) plus my old man.

Just as the fans thing the celebration is over I turn back to the South Upper and unleash an almighty ball of flem which flys up and splats Ldn Fatso in the centre of his red forehead sending him crashing down onto the gravelly surface below.

The crowd gasp in amazement before applauding and I become an instant fan favourite.

The day either of you two are playing i don't suppose there will be a crowd watching (including me)!

Oddly enough, I've had a succession of Roots Hall related dreams lately... Probably because our plight is having more of a deep rooted emotional effect than I care to acknowledge at the moment and, by the time I'm 40, I'll be lying down on a therapists chair recalling the 09/10 season.

One vivid dream involved a corner driven by Moussa to the edge of the 18 yard box and I've hit a rasping volley through a crowd of bodies that Kucszack has palmed into his own net. I ran in front of a crowd of anonymous away fans, badge in my mouth, before jumping into the East Stand followed by about 20 players, who then chased me out of the ground. Bizarre.

Another, ultimately more disturbing dream, involved me sat in the East/South corner. We needed to win and ultimately went 3-0 down, condemning us to relegation. With that goal the whole stadium emptied and all that were left were me, my old man and my brother. We went to sat next to Tilson who tried to convince us that we weren't relegated.

Then, out of nowhere, two people in the West Stand started chanting and Tilson flicked the V sign at them, before Moussa and Grant ran off down the tunnel.

Back