• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question If you scored at Roots Hall......

It's a free kick. Mike Marsh plays a short sideways pass and I smash it into the bottom left hand corner in front of the South Stand. I run to the east, dummying past Jeroen Boere who can't wait to congratulate me and grabs my shirt. I then run down the touchline as fans hold out their hands and I give them high fives. Theo Foley darts out the dugout and rugby tackles me with joy. Then Andy Rammell hoists me up on his shoulders and Paul Byrne does that 'we are not worthy' bowing in front of us. Before the restart I lift up my shirt to reveal a T-shirt saying 'Jesus Loves You' and then make a series of obscene gestures to Dave Bassett in the opposition dugout which I get booked for.

In terms of the relevance of the goal, this is a late consolation in a 4-1 defeat by Sheffield Utd.

kiss the badge, high five fans and do a robot, also lift my shirt to reveal a shirt saying "if there is a God, I am he".

my goal would be similar to trevor sinclair's of qpr - overhead kick, tony yeboah's for leeds crossbar and in or paulo di canio's for west ham scissor kick. i'd take any of the above as long as i was in a southend shirt!

Davros - Shall we talk the users of SZ thru your goal at the Hall a few years back ?!

;)

Haha, yeh, i was just about to get to the point where i say, i have actually scored at Roots Hall. Im not sure which was most surprising about it, scoring at Roots Hall, or scoring a header (my 29 goals in 5 seasons since have all come off my feet/shins!)

Great free kick from the General, ball bounced just in front of the defender on a dry summer-y pitch, looped over him, and i snuck in at the back post to bury a header from about 7 yards (which the camera man actually missed i think :( ) at which point i was mobbed by the rest of the team... it was one of those where my celebration was chose for me to that effect!

After getting out from under the bundle i ran off down the pitch and did a Robbie Keane style flip (which the camera man also missed)

If you could get that on youtube Naps, i would be eternally greatful!

Dav

Last edited:
I could have scored plenty of times at Roots Hall, but I split with her before I did the deed... (most will know what I'm on about..)

I score a Beckham esque free kick into the South Stand goal from near the East stand. I celebrate by running over towards my Dad and Mrs who are just nearer the West on the front row of the South Upper, wink at my Dad, and blow a kiss to the Mrs. The lucky bitch.

I have a few different ones to be honest.

First one would be a David Beckham vs Greece style free kick. 1-1 going into stoppage time needing to win to seal promotion and I'm brought down 25 yards from goal in front of the South Stand. I get a knock in the tackle, but don't want the physio on because I'm on free kicks. Its left of centre, 25 yards out with a 5 man wall infront of me. I take a 4 yard run up and bend it over the wall into the top corner. I just stand there and shrug my shoulders as if its something I do all the time and get mobbed. I then kiss the badge.

Secondly, I'm actually a goalkeeper. Same situation with it at 1-1. Barrett dives into a tackle and gives away a soft penalty. I'm in the North Bank goal and the penalty goes to my left, in the bottom corner. I palm it round the post. We deal with the corner comfortably (Its a dream you can tell). We win our own corner and I start to go up for it despite Tilson going mental at me. The corner is taken quickly and drops out of the sky, 20 yards out and I come steaming onto it and unleash a volley that rips the net. I head straight for Tilson.

I tapped in a fumbly 3 yarder at Hartlepool in the sleet on a chilly Tuesday night in February. That made it 3-1 in injury time so at least we had a consolation. "Celebration" was a dejected jog back to the centre circle, saying to Adam Barrett on the way "I'm sodding freezing!" to which he replied "Yeah and the kettle's bust so no tea!" Oh and I pulled a muscle as well.

Maybe I should set my humble sights somewhat higher.

Mine tend to be goal-keeper related. Having saved a 90th minute penalty I run to the edge of the box and roll the ball out to Francis. In a brief moment lacking concentration, Francis loses the ball to Colchester's opposing centre-forward causing me to take further action. Having rushed out of the penalty area to complete a Bobby Moore tackle, I find myself with the ball at my feet looking for options. Seeing none, I press on up the field.

The dream tends to end some time after I've danced around most of the Col U team, exchanged verbals with their manager while doing so and then beaten their keeper before back-heeling into an empty North Bank net. Sometimes I pull a (Tommy) Mooney at the 10 visiting fans as the ball goes in.

I've no idea how the celebration goes, but it does involve pulling my shorts back up.

My SUFC related dream was where we were back in the championship and Gower scores a ridiculous shot from 70 yards out, well inside our half, at the hall vs watford

In my dream I'm Macca but I'm playing in goal. Christophe plays the ball back to me. I shake my head in disbelief and yell at him in Dublinese. When the ball reaches me I clear it high into the air, lobbing the keeper at the far end of the ground. To celebrate, I rip my shirt off, picking up another yellow card, and run out of the ground straight to Mayhem Nightclub where I spend the next six days drinking Guinness pausing only to log onto Facebook to check if anyone from the Millwall board has sent me a private message.

Free kick from 25yds into top corner vs Orient

In front of the North Bank & visiting fans

Ran along the entire length of the West stand doing the Mick Channon windmill before doing a Jurgen Klinsmann dive infront of the South Stand

the oppo keeper spills a shot and the ball just sits one yard out I steam in and smash the ball into the net running off Tardelli stylee into the east blacks and get proper mobbed

My dream has always been different, seeing as I'm a goalkeeper!

In my dream we need a point to win the league & also gain promotion. We are playing Borient who need to win the game to pip us for the title & send us into the play-offs. In the stands are friends & relatives, including the Borient part of the family.The club have been hit badly by injuries & I'm drafted in for my league debut for the final & deciding game of the season. I pull off brilliant save after brilliant save, my handling is faultless & I'm have a game of a lifetime on my debut.

We're in the 7th minute of injury time, even though there was only meant to be 4. The ref seems to be doing everything to ruin our chances when he awards a penalty for a hand ball that had hit somebody on the chest. The crowd invade the pitch in protest, players mob the ref & in the time it takes clear the pitch, the ref say that there is only time for the kick & no rebound.

Borient player steps up & hits it hard and low towards the bottom right hand corner of the goal. I throw myself at fall stretch towards the ball and then wake up!

Last edited:
I score our last in a 10-0 win at Roots Hall v Ipshite in the first half in front of their fans in the North Bank. Only 45 mins gone so they are all still there as the floodgates are locked. I proceed to count to ten on my fingers in front of them if only to show that I still have all my didgits.

Sadly might have to wait a couple more seasons to do this now given our pending relegation. Aside of course from getting a tad fitter and younger.

My dream has always been different, seeing as I'm a goalkeeper!

In my dream we need a point to win the league & also gain promotion. We are playing Borient who need to win the game to pip us for the title & send us into the play-offs. In the stands are friends & relatives, including the Borient part of the family.The club have been hit badly by injuries & I'm drafted in for my league debut for the final & deciding game of the season. I pull off brilliant save after brilliant save, my handling is faultless & I'm have a game of a lifetime on my debut.

We're in the 7th minute of injury time, even though there was only meant to be 4. The ref seems to be doing everything to ruin our chances when he awards a penalty for a hand ball that had hit somebody on the chest. The crowd invade the pitch in protest, players mob the ref & in the time it takes clear the pitch, the ref say that there is only time for the kick & no rebound.

Borient player steps up & hits it hard and low towards the bottom right hand corner of the goal. I throw myself at fall stretch towards the ball and then wake up!

Yeah, I've seen this one.

You get there but only manage to put a weak hand on it. The ball trundles over the line when you should have saved it. We fail to gain promotion.

It's your fault.

:stunned:

Back