• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you were building a Southend Masters team

DTS

The Business
Watched a bit of the master over the weekend and generally I enjoy it. Whilst the pace is not great its a pleasure to see players who can make the ball do the work which for my mind seperates good players from great players.

So my question if you were assembling a team of 8 for the masters who would you go for.

Rules are follows.

*Must have played for the Blues.
*I think minimum age must be 35 so sadly Moussa and Ademeno are not options.

I am going as follows

PAUL SAMSONE
MARK MCNALLY
PETER BUTLER
JOHANTON HUNT
KEITH JONES
RICKY OTTO
BRETT ANGELL
DAVE CROWN

I would have gone for Dave Martin but having seen him at Hornchuch last season he is how can I say "Slightly past his prime". Still a Southend legend though.

DtS

Watched a bit of the master over the weekend and generally I enjoy it. Whilst the pace is not great its a pleasure to see players who can make the ball do the work which for my mind seperates good players from great players.

So my question if you were assembling a team of 8 for the masters who would you go for.

Rules are follows.

I am going as follows

PAUL SAMSONE
MARK MCNALLY
PETER BUTLER
JOHANTON HUNT
KEITH JONES
RICKY OTTO
BRETT ANGELL
DAVE CROWN

I would have gone for Dave Martin but having seen him at Hornchuch last season he is how can I say "Slightly past his prime". Still a Southend legend though.

DtS

How old is Stanley?

Rules are follows.

I am going as follows

PAUL SAMSONE
MARK MCNALLY
PETER BUTLER
JOHANTON HUNT
KEITH JONES
RICKY OTTO
BRETT ANGELL
DAVE CROWN

DtS

Graham Bressington
Andy Sussex

Eric Steele
Paul Roberts
Shane Westley
Paul Clark
Andy Rogers
Adam Locke
Dean Neal
Jon O'Brien

Subs: Derek Hall, Jon Seadon and Warren May

Eric Steele
Paul Roberts
Shane Westley
Paul Clark
Andy Rogers
Adam Locke
Dean Neal
Jon O'Brien

Subs: Derek Hall, Jon Seadon and Warren May

Now you're just winding us up, aren't you?

Replace Paul Clark with John Walker and Adam Locke with Andy Dixon then fair enough...

Chemico F C

I Approached The P F A About Getting A Southend Masters Football Team Together Last Year,they Said That You Need Big Names Collimore Etc And You Have To Support It With Loads Fans Gaurenteed. I Spoke To Paul Allen at the p f a And He Put Us Forward To The Commitee ,but They Dropped The Southern One And That Left The London One Only. He Told Me To Try Next Year. I Need A Backing Through Our Supporters To Make It Happen. I Think Scriperzone May Be The Place To Start It Colin Staines 07711919568. Ive Got Alot Of Conections After My Sons Memorial Match And Iasked Some Of The Players And They Would Of Been Up To It.

Chemico F C

Paul Sansome ,justin Edinbourgh,dave Cussack,paul Clark, Danny Oshea,ian Benjiman Bill Garner,ron Pountney,dave Crown, Peter Talor,andy Ansah ,mark Hall, Shan Westley. You Would Have A Good Masters Football Team With These Players Without Other Great Names. Im Willing To Go For This If I Can Get Support Of Supporters And Buissneses Around The Area 07711919568 Colin Staines.

Sammy

Austin
Scully
Edinburgh (unless sir Chris is 35 yet)

Whelan
Tilson
Otto

Angell
Collymore/Goater

The only trouble with this line-up is that i still need to find room for Micky Gooding... :hilarious:

I'd have the scottish goalscoring legend Andy Thomson.

Mike Marsh would be a def as well.

Re Entering The Masters

I Approached The P F A About Getting A Southend Masters Football Team Together Last Year,they Said That You Need Big Names Collimore Etc And You Have To Support It With Loads Fans Gaurenteed. I Spoke To Paul Allen at the p f a And He Put Us Forward To The Commitee ,but They Dropped The Southern One And That Left The London One Only. He Told Me To Try Next Year. I Need A Backing Through Our Supporters To Make It Happen. I Think Scriperzone May Be The Place To Start It Colin Staines 07711919568. Ive Got Alot Of Conections After My Sons Memorial Match And Iasked Some Of The Players And They Would Of Been Up To It.

JUST WANTED TO GET THIS ON PAGE 2

Back