• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Elvis

First XI
If I was RM now (apart from visiting Dignitas) I would bring an ex blues legend back as a Number 2, and lay my cards on the table, the whole lot, I would make PS play the old southend boys (crawford etc) rather than get in any more crappy loan signings or tell us why they are not being played.
This would show us the fans that he gives a toss, and it might get a fraction of the support back. Here's hoping....

If I was RM now (apart from visiting Dignitas) I would bring an ex blues legend back as a Number 2, and lay my cards on the table, the whole lot, I would make PS play the old southend boys (crawford etc) rather than get in any more crappy loan signings or tell us why they are not being played.
This would show us the fans that he gives a toss, and it might get a fraction of the support back. Here's hoping....

Paul Clark or Kevin Maher would be popular choices.
I agree with with most of your other points too.

If I was Ron Martin I'd leave the manager to do his job and not tell him who to have as assistant or who to play.

Disband the Club. put the cat out, turn off the lights and go home. HAPPY NEW YEAR

If I was Ron Martin I'd leave the manager to do his job and not tell him who to have as assistant or who to play.

yeah I agree, he doesn't anything about business let alone football. it was be terrible if he started getting involved with the team. I know martins opinion on herd and that he thinks he should play week in week out but that doesn't happen. i think even knows not to get involved in that.

I think he needs to continue his blogs in plain english rather than using words that hardly anyone uses on a day to day basis letting us know whats going on behind the scenes. I'm not sure about everyone else but if had a bit of honesty coming from him i would appreciate it. even though we may not like what he says sometimes at least if we know he's being truthful then that will go some way. he's been so silent the past few months. right now no one has any idea whats going on with the stadium etc etc.

i do think he's his own worst enermy at times. makes promises and then never hearing anything about them ever again and winding fans up.

I'd stop being the manager and focus on keeping our finances relatively stable, right now 'keeping the fans happy' involves using money we don't have to buy a promotion team. If we did that the same people would complain a few months later that we're going into administration.

... make sure of his plans of where to celebrate New Years eve this evening, then look forward to the away game tomorrow. Then I assume I would consider when best to take my decorations down over the weekend.

How can ANYONE answer this question ?????

Yes letting the chairman interfere in team affairs is clearly the way forward - along with breaking the budget as some are advocating on another thread. This time next year we'll be millionaires, Rodney......

Admit 2010 was a disastrous year and that he hasn't helped matters and promise to deliver the truth, good or bad, in 2011 to stop the wild speculation.

Bring back KM as an assistant and player.

Give KM the testimonial he is owed.

Grant's exact comment was "I'm getting out of this s**t club in the January transfer window."

Oh dear.

tosser1.gif

Last edited:
That only echoes what we thought about Grant in the summer. I'm not surprised. Worried yes, but not surprised. He's not a Sturrock player and will be snapped up for money which is what I believed was always the intention when he was persuaded to sign a new contract last season.

If you were Ron Martin, what would you do now?

I'd have words with that EastStandBlue, who is clearly slacking on the job. It took several minutes for him to refute some recent criticism.

Back