• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im done with this shower of.......

With over 30 clubs on that list, it just goes to show we haven't done to bad under Ron.

I would rather enjoy National League South.....More fun than a league cup game at FF with 18,000 empty seats.

wth supporters with this evel of ambition no wonder the club struggles ...

South Essex can easily support a premoer league club ... clubs of a similar size to SUFC who have grown include Reading, Bournemouth, Brighton, Brentford ...

Our support turns out 30k at the drop of deccent game - Cardiff, wembely ...

its an area that has enormous football tradition and i look forward to seeing great success in my lifetime .. and I watched Billy Best .

there is only so much negativity one can take ;-)

I agree Rigsby...Watched him at Walsall quite a bit when he was there and he was a key player in a young expressive passing team...albeit a team that was full of confidence which may be the difference

Do us a favour and explain how being a key player at Walsall signals your agreement with Rigsby?

Phil Brown thinks that Sam is a shirker - doesn’t sound like much proof to me.

[QUOTE="
South Essex can easily support a premoer league club ... clubs of a similar size to SUFC who have grown include Reading, Bournemouth, Brighton, Brentford ...
-)[/QUOTE]

Bournemouth & Brentford average crowds of around 10,000 because of their ground capacities. Reading & Brighton ( Brighton have a much bigger catchment area than we do ) were bankrolled by mega wealthy owners, as now Brentford & Bournemouth have.
I believe Brentford are moving to their new ground next season?.
Unfortunately our owner dosn't have that wealth to pump in, so although we were on the same plateau as those clubs in the 70's/ 80's/90's & until 2010 time, they have left us at the starting post as the years fly past.
And as much as i hate to say it, we will never achieve what those clubs have ( Promotion/ stability )?.

Do us a favour and explain how being a key player at Walsall signals your agreement with Rigsby?

Phil Brown thinks that Sam is a shirker - doesn’t sound like much proof to me.
Phil Brown who's media commitments maybe clashed with his role as manager?

I thought on the whole Phil Brown was a good manager for us, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

I entered some EFL screwfix competition and have been rewarded with a truly horrific prize, 2 home tickets to Southend v Rotherham. I haven't received the tickets yet but am genuinely considering asking if I can swap them and go in the away end.
This game (cos of free tickets) and Bolton away (cos I promised my son a Manchester weekender for his birthday at the start of the season) will be the only Southend games I now attend until some of these bastards are moved on and replaced.

wth supporters with this evel of ambition no wonder the club struggles ...

Our support turns out 30k at the drop of deccent game - Cardiff, wembely ...

its an area that has enormous football tradition and i look forward to seeing great success in my lifetime .. and I watched Billy Best .

there is only so much negativity one can take ;-)

I think the real amount is about 7k as shown when we won the play off at Millenium, the rest are just people coming for a day out, similar to when Billericay had their runs in FA vase in 1970s and Freddy Claydon was banging in goals for fun

Sorry...it was Pubeys quote now ive looked back. Apologies and thank you for checking.

The point I was agreeing with was that Mantoms quite a professional guy and with a good work ethic and has a lot to offer in the right surroundings...ie with the right players around him as he can be quite creative and box to box

Sorry...it was Pubeys quote now ive looked back. Apologies and thank you for checking.

The point I was agreeing with was that Mantoms quite a professional guy and with a good work ethic and has a lot to offer in the right surroundings...ie with the right players around him as he can be quite creative and box to box

The key part is box to box- not playmaker, which is why pairing him with hutchinson may work very well. Hutchinson is our most creative midfielder. Manton the nearest we have to a Timlin like box to box player.

The key part is box to box- not playmaker, which is why pairing him with hutchinson may work very well. Hutchinson is our most creative midfielder. Manton the nearest we have to a Timlin like box to box player.

Yes I can see Mantom and Hutchinson working

Back