• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm really looking forward to Friday because....

~ it's the end of another working week (even if it was only four days)
~ I work hard, work can be stressy, when watching SUFC I forget all else and become totally immersed in the occassion of being at a footie match for my club, it may itself become stressy but that doesn't matter, its not work
~ of the anticipation of going to the game, often the best bit, we will have a view what will go on but we simply have no idea what will happen in advance, ever
~ of the trundle down the A12, passing Cuckoo Farm and giving thanks I don't follow that lot, even the unknown of what the traffic will be like and whether I will get there on time
~ it's a Friday eve game, always the best at Roots Hall,
~ of the smell of the place, in partic if its raining
~ I will have a pre-match drink, belch on the bubbles, and make my way to the turnstile
~ I will buy a programme, its naff and the print seems to get smaller as the years pass so I can barely read it, but I buy it 'cause it's what I've always done
~ I will buy a raffle ticket from some nice young Blue Belle who will wish me luck as I wave goodbye to another quid or two
~ I'll take my usual seat, see the usual faces, some new ones, some noisey ones, some plonkers, all will generally be happy to be there
~ the same old blue stanchion will be blocking my view of the spot where Freddy took that free kick from so I'll instantly remember the glory of that time
~ we have a local derby this time to look forward to, maybe up will pop another Richard Cadette to slam in four on his debut, maybe we will be 2-0 down with 20 mins to go and a Crowny wannabe will emerge from the bench to inspire us to victory including a 30 yarder for the winner

and this time we have the added bonus of a new much deserved chant to shout: "Geoff King is a W?@N£%"

Oh happy days. Can't wait

Apart from Cuckoo Farm and the stanction i'm with ya all the way bruvver.

Housing estate scummers, under the lights, electric atmosphere, can't wait.

timely thread suffolk! roll on the weekend and the blues in action, unfortunately i'll be (attempting) to listen via blues player and visualising most of your points!
theres nothing like walking through into Roots hall hearing the buzz, seeing the players warming up, feeling the anticipation.
love it.

Be great if Ron announced on the pitch when work would officially commence and gave a completion date for the new stadium.
Even better if he sent King out there.

No please Ron,no pitch speech,i don't think i could stand it,just leave it to Elvis the eel and sammy,much more interesting.

Back