• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spikey Shrimper

First XI
...the Barnsley squad down at Bas festival leisure (it was either them or loads of random blokes walking around in Barnsley FC tracksuits!). They sat in front of me at the cinema.

Interestingly, Six sat in a row and then one was by himself in the row behind. Its either an indication of their formation today (GK then 6 at the back!) or this bloke was a joaner (team spirit anyone?)! They were all happily stuffing popcorn, sweets and ice cream.

Anyway, I just hope the Shrimpers were all tucked in bed last night at ten!

Come on Southend

As many of you will know, I was born in Barnsley and quite a few of my family are down for the match. They are staying at the Westclif Hotel and said yesterday that two coachloads of Barnsley fans arrived there yesterday. It was probably some of these that you saw in Bas Vegas. I went over to the Westcliff for a drink yesterday afternoon and have to say that the Barnsley boys in there ar a great bunch. They are very worried about Fredy, but also said that their keeper is hopeless at long range shots and having seen the goals from Preston, they are a bit worried. They also said that Devaney is their key man, although I heard that he might be injured!

Back