• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Here MK, a hypothetical question/scenario for you & anyone else, who believes drugs should be legalised...

How would you feel about your (adolescent/teenage/adult) children doing drugs, like cocaine, MDMA or heroin?

But can't you see, that by legalising them, or even talking about legalising them, it gives false pretences to the general public about the safety of taking drugs?

For years, most world governments have warned about the dangers of drug use. To back track now, would be like them same governments saying, "well actually, they're not that bad & we can't fight it anymore, so go nuts & give us some more of your money", which is grossly misleading.

No I can't see it.

Have a look at the effect of decriminalisation in Portugal in 2001.

Do you think the government promotes a message that cigarettes are good for you? Or do you think there's a clear government message that cigarettes are bad for you?

Here MK, a hypothetical question/scenario for you & anyone else, who believes drugs should be legalised...

How would you feel about your (adolescent/teenage/adult) children doing drugs, like cocaine, MDMA or heroin?

How would you feel about your (adolescent/teenage/adult) child smoking cigarettes/drinking 2 bottles of vodka/having sex/sticking their head in the oven/supporting W*** H**?

Are you going to criminalise all that as well?

No I can't see it.

Have a look at the effect of decriminalisation in Portugal in 2001.

Do you think the government promotes a message that cigarettes are good for you? Or do you think there's a clear government message that cigarettes are bad for you?

Me personally, and I dare say most people my age, have grown up being told & taught that drugs are evil etc etc. Aside from the obvious initial dangers they present, long term health, both psychologically & physically, are severely affected. We, as a society, have been told this for years. The difference with alcohol is, we're told it's ok for us, in moderation. 2-3 units per day is perfectly acceptable for a man. Now find me a doctor willing to say 2-3 lines per day is ok. Or 2-3 rocks per day. Or 2-3 dabs per day. You won't.

In all honesty, I don't know about Portugal. But I know about England & out ability to overdo it. You can sink 14-15 pints on a night out & in theory, you should be ok. You'll be rough, but you will live. With our love of binge drinking, you don't think that'd cross over into drugs?

Of course, the government, aswell as the WHO, say fags are deadly. But they're still willing to take a fortune off you, for the privilege of killing yourself. But then they're not in direct competition with cigarette smugglers. It's hard enough trying to get a snidy carton of 200 these days, so you're forced to pay the premium price in the shops. And the government know this. But drugs is a different kettle of fish. I know full well, I could make one or two phone calls & have it delivered to my door, at any time of the day or night. And Legalisation won't stop that.

How would you feel about your (adolescent/teenage/adult) child smoking cigarettes/drinking 2 bottles of vodka/having sex/sticking their head in the oven/supporting W*** H**?

Are you going to criminalise all that as well?

I'd feel, someone between disappointed & fuming. But of all those things, none are as deadly, (especially in the short term) as injecting smack

GBJ, I would far rather my kid (when old enough) take MDMA in a controlled and educated manner as it's far less destructive than alcohol.

Ultimately I'd love her to stay sober all her adult life but I know that's unlikely to happen when alcohol abuse is seen as the norm.

GBJ, I would far rather my kid (when old enough) take MDMA in a controlled and educated manner as it's far less destructive than alcohol.

Ultimately I'd love her to stay sober all her adult life but I know that's unlikely to happen when alcohol abuse is seen as the norm.

But can you ever take MD in a controlled manner? I don't think so. Every time you put that **** in your system, you play Russian Roulette with your life IMO. Whether it be small concerns like, falling over & smashing your skull on something (ok, booze can be the same) to the greater concerns, like not being able to go to the toilet. This is what MD does to your insides, whilst your buzzing your plums off to the latest Taylor Swift regurgitation... Ecstacy naturally produces a hormone, which stops you producing urine. Those who remember GCSE biology, will remember that's a bad thing. And I don't know about in your day mate, but these days people will smash back 10 cans of beer, whilst buzzing. It's dangerous.

And don't forget the rapidly rising body temperatures, which leaves you dehydrated. So You try to rehydrate with another can on Stella, which is no good, because you still can't go wee-wee.

And then there's the after effect. The depression, the nausea, the anxiety, the heart palpitations, the weakening of the immune system.

In What circumstance or situation, does that ever seem safe or controlled?

Each to their own mate, Alcohol might be bad, But the potential things, that MD can cause is a lot worse. But that's just my opinion.

But can you ever take MD in a controlled manner? I don't think so. Every time you put that **** in your system, you play Russian Roulette with your life IMO. Whether it be small concerns like, falling over & smashing your skull on something (ok, booze can be the same) to the greater concerns, like not being able to go to the toilet. This is what MD does to your insides, whilst your buzzing your plums off to the latest Taylor Swift regurgitation... Ecstacy naturally produces a hormone, which stops you producing urine. Those who remember GCSE biology, will remember that's a bad thing. And I don't know about in your day mate, but these days people will smash back 10 cans of beer, whilst buzzing. It's dangerous.

And don't forget the rapidly rising body temperatures, which leaves you dehydrated. So You try to rehydrate with another can on Stella, which is no good, because you still can't go wee-wee.

And then there's the after effect. The depression, the nausea, the anxiety, the heart palpitations, the weakening of the immune system.

In What circumstance or situation, does that ever seem safe or controlled?

Each to their own mate, Alcohol might be bad, But the potential things, that MD can cause is a lot worse. But that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE

Yes you certainly can. There have been some very successful trials in the USA with severe cases of depression and PTS. As MDMA already has a patent as far back as 1913 would be difficult for drug companies to make any money. They would rather you stick to Prozac etc. Another case of the big business controlling most of the people.

Where do you get the idea that if drugs were legal, the whole country would start injecting the next day. You should watch the documentary about legalized drugs in Switzerland. Would give you a better understanding of how it can be made to work.

Last edited:
Me personally, and I dare say most people my age, have grown up being told & taught that drugs are evil etc etc. Aside from the obvious initial dangers they present, long term health, both psychologically & physically, are severely affected. We, as a society, have been told this for years. The difference with alcohol is, we're told it's ok for us, in moderation. 2-3 units per day is perfectly acceptable for a man. Now find me a doctor willing to say 2-3 lines per day is ok. Or 2-3 rocks per day. Or 2-3 dabs per day. You won't.

In all honesty, I don't know about Portugal. But I know about England & out ability to overdo it. You can sink 14-15 pints on a night out & in theory, you should be ok. You'll be rough, but you will live. With our love of binge drinking, you don't think that'd cross over into drugs?

Of course, the government, aswell as the WHO, say fags are deadly. But they're still willing to take a fortune off you, for the privilege of killing yourself. But then they're not in direct competition with cigarette smugglers. It's hard enough trying to get a snidy carton of 200 these days, so you're forced to pay the premium price in the shops. And the government know this. But drugs is a different kettle of fish. I know full well, I could make one or two phone calls & have it delivered to my door, at any time of the day or night. And Legalisation won't stop that.

I'd feel, someone between disappointed & fuming. But of all those things, none are as deadly, (especially in the short term) as injecting smack

Er, sticking your head in the oven is more deadly than injecting smack.

Read up on Portugal. It shows that decriminalisation is the way forward.

And the government's own expert on drugs, Prof Nutt, basically said that LSD, cannabis and ecstasy were less harmful than alcohol and tobacco. He was then forced out for basing his opinions on science.

LSD etc. may in themselves be less harmful, but the actions of those under the influence may not. isn't MDMA another form of crystal meth?

"Of course, the government, as well as the WHO, say fags are deadly. But they're still willing to take a fortune off you, for the privilege of killing yourself." True enough but consumption of said is optional.

LSD etc. may in themselves be less harmful, but the actions of those under the influence may not. isn't MDMA another form of crystal meth?

"Of course, the government, as well as the WHO, say fags are deadly. But they're still willing to take a fortune off you, for the privilege of killing yourself." True enough but consumption of said is optional.

Nothing like it. MDMA makes you a great dancer, crystal meth a $5 hooker.

"The most serious short-term physical health risks of MDMA are hyperthermia and dehydration.[24][25] Cases of life-threatening or fatal hyponatremia (excessively low sodium concentration in the blood) have developed in MDMA users attempting to prevent dehydration by consuming excessive amounts of water without replenishing electrolytes.[24][25][26]

The immediate adverse effects of MDMA use can include:

Dehydration
Hyperthermia
Bruxism (grinding and clenching of the teeth)
Increased wakefulness or insomnia
Increased perspiration and sweating
Increased heart rate and blood pressure"

No mention of "great dancing" on Wiki.

Yeah and the legal ones some of the baddest of all :winking:

Absolutely. In fact, I was thinking of staying off the hard stuff tonight, ya know, just to give my body a rest like. So instead of the usual deathly cocktail of a couple of pints & a few Benson Silvers, I'm opting for a delicious lump of Afghanistans finest smack. Can't wait :omg:

Er, sticking your head in the oven is more deadly than injecting smack.

Read up on Portugal. It shows that decriminalisation is the way forward.

And the government's own expert on drugs, Prof Nutt, basically said that LSD, cannabis and ecstasy were less harmful than alcohol and tobacco. He was then forced out for basing his opinions on science.

No ta.

Nothing will ever change my mind, or convince me that legalising deadly substances is a smart move.

Absolutely. In fact, I was thinking of staying off the hard stuff tonight, ya know, just to give my body a rest like. So instead of the usual deathly cocktail of a couple of pints & a few Benson Silvers, I'm opting for a delicious lump of Afghanistans finest smack. Can't wait :omg:

I said some. Of course heroin is bad. Though you known those B&H may give you lung cancer, right? It's still a drug, it's just killing you a little bit slower.

No ta.

Nothing will ever change my mind, or convince me that legalising deadly substances is a smart move.

And hence why no (British) politician will have the balls to tackle the issue and we'll go down the same pointless road of prohibition that hasn't worked in any way shape or form over the last 100 years.

Back