• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

International 'Burn a Koran Day'

When you see a nice shiny new car you just know that it had to be designed and then built...ie it did not just appear!

Surely the same must be said for the human body which is far, far more intricate and complex.

I really believe that it is easier to believe in a creator God than otherwise.

Agreed .It has always fascinated me the intricacies of the human eye for example which still baffles humans....now how the hell did they scale that down to work for ants.

I don't think we should condemn religion per-se just the people that use it as an excuse to cause damage.

Can't we have burn a Catholic priest day instead..I'm up for that..;)

It's called 3 billion years of evolution.

When you see a nice shiny new car you just know that it had to be designed and then built...ie it did not just appear!

Surely the same must be said for the human body which is far, far more intricate and complex.

I really believe that it is easier to believe in a creator God than otherwise.

Here in lies an issue that does annoy me regarding the wide scale branding of religion . THEIR NOT ALL BASED ON THE ABRAHAM IDEA OF CREATION ! Some really do just think the universe popped into existence by a currently unknown force which cares as much about us as well a blue whale and the plankton it eats . There are rules we can learn and define them and generally you know get along and when you die you become one dust /floaty energy being/reused or any of the 3 combined . The rules you follow are to make the most of yourself as possible not **** everyone else off and have a jolly nice time.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

(C) Carl Sagan.

Agreed .It has always fascinated me the intricacies of the human eye for example which still baffles humans....now how the hell did they scale that down to work for ants.

I don't think we should condemn religion per-se just the people that use it as an excuse to cause damage.

Can't we have burn a Catholic priest day instead..I'm up for that..;)

That's an outrageous suggestion, you're bang out of order.
80% of those priest's are innocent.;)

I went to an awesome guest lecture at uni about Genesis and Evolution. I remember the bloke shouting, "Where's the contradiction here ladies and gents, where's the contradiction!"

Perhaps he wanted to start an argument about dialectics. Or would that just have been an inherent contradiction and not an argument?

Cue Python sketch:-

"Your five minutes for an argument starts now..."
"No it doesn't."
"That's not an argument, it's a contradiction."
"No it isn't."

Last edited:
I went to an awesome guest lecture at uni about Genesis and Evolution. I remember the bloke shouting, "Where's the contradiction here ladies and gents, where's the contradiction!"

You don't see Stephen Hawking grandstanding to try and convey his opinions.

I heard that it was some heavy metal protest and we all had to burn a Kerrang....:whistling:

I personally think burning one would cause even more disruption between, Christians and Muslims.

I'll ask a question, do you think there will ever be peace between Muslims and Christians?

I personally think burning one would cause even more disruption between, Christians and Muslims.

I'll ask a question, do you think there will ever be peace between Muslims and Christians?
There is , there has been and alwasy will be . The Moderate sensible people on both sides (i..e people we like to call them ) Acknowledge their own lineage and both accept they have a special friend in Jesus/Isa. Some parts of Christianity have made it worse by blindly converting or trying to , and parts of Islam saying kill those not of the book (oh wait it says here Christians and Jews are quick ignore that bit i want their land/chickens /women , i have such a low self esteem issue i must vent at the world and teh person may have small genetial) , both side occasionally do stupid things to incite the other in hope of starting a holy war to say look god's on our side . Like small kid's in a park going my dad's bigger then yiours just with more death involved.

There is , there has been and alwasy will be . The Moderate sensible people on both sides (i..e people we like to call them ) Acknowledge their own lineage and both accept they have a special friend in Jesus/Isa. Some parts of Christianity have made it worse by blindly converting or trying to , and parts of Islam saying kill those not of the book (oh wait it says here Christians and Jews are quick ignore that bit i want their land/chickens /women , i have such a low self esteem issue i must vent at the world and teh person may have small genetial) , both side occasionally do stupid things to incite the other in hope of starting a holy war to say look god's on our side . Like small kid's in a park going my dad's bigger then yiours just with more death involved.

I agree.
The burning of their holy book would only anger the non-extremists, adding more hatred into the cocktail.

The point I was trying to make (it isn't my view, just one of those questions) there is already a war, would burning Koran day make it worse?

Has anyone considered the role of the media in this? If they started ignoring cranks like this (Pastor Jones/Anjem Chowdry) the world we be a sunnier place and this loons can shout at the moon all they like without hurting anyone.

I agree.
The burning of their holy book would only anger the non-extremists, adding more hatred into the cocktail.

The point I was trying to make (it isn't my view, just one of those questions) there is already a war, would burning Koran day make it worse?

Yes it would , this one is territorial still , the Koran burning really would anger (and i see their points ) even moderate Muslims . Im not a fan of any of them to be fair but i cant see teh justification in whole scale burning of any book certainly (excuse the pun ) with such inflammatory consequences . Word's do have power (another reason why Blasphemy is so big in these religions ).

@MK Totally agree , but (and not to invoke conspiracy theorists here) but some media outlets do want eitehr higher circulation , push their own agenda's or a combination of all of them . It's like to use another perspective on teh media , the cat bin lady . Once that would have been a local story about animal cruelty that would have been in her local paper end of .

Has anyone considered the role of the media in this? If they started ignoring cranks like this (Pastor Jones/Anjem Chowdry) the world we be a sunnier place and this loons can shout at the moon all they like without hurting anyone.

Yeah, he's got a congregation of 30 if he and his sheep, I mean congregation, want to burn the koran then let them get on with it.

Back