• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well said - but you do know that you sound too happy, therefore I suggest you better find something to worry and moan about shortly before you're called names :smile:

Jay i am extremely happy with our league position and have over the past 2 years come to love my team again, However you always need people to ask questions rather than just bury your head in the sand, I appreciate and understand your reasons for not doing that and others. You and others shouldn't always disparidge those who wish to 1. Debate it 2. Question it. We all know we can do nothing but I would prefer to be vocal that say nothing.

In the past I have spoken directly to Ron but since his handling of Tilly cannot bring myself to speak to him. I haven't had the opportunity to speak to Tara, but I'm sure one day I will and will happily ask the questions which bother me.

What I don't I understand is why people get shot down for questioning the running of our club? Why do we all have to be Happy with it?

Some people need to just enjoy life. If you are always worrying and ****eing yourself all over the shop then how can you actually enjoy it? Worry is a healthy emotion, but let's enjoy these good times!

UP THE BLUES! Let's smash the cobblers.

Why can't you do both, enjoy our league position but also question the running of the club? I'm not ******** myself but I am concerned as per a few others

I don't think anyone's trying to shoot down people who are worried, just pointing out that worrying isn't going to do much so why think too much about it? Last time we were worried about our finances it wasnt a very pleasant time to support Southend.
We must get a lot of bomb scares all the time, think about how the public would act if the government announced everytime they recieved some information there may be a bomb. There would be widespread panic 24/7 and nothing would ever get done.
Ok our situation isn't quite as extreme as that but the same principle applys, if we were told everytime there was a problem our faith in the club would be destroyed as quickly as PS and Tara have managed to rebuild it in these past months.

I don't think anyone's trying to shoot down people who are worried, just pointing out that worrying isn't going to do much so why think too much about it? Last time we were worried about our finances it wasnt a very pleasant time to support Southend.
We must get a lot of bomb scares all the time, think about how the public would act if the government announced everytime they recieved some information there may be a bomb. There would be widespread panic 24/7 and nothing would ever get done.
Ok our situation isn't quite as extreme as that but the same principle applys, if we were told everytime there was a problem our faith in the club would be destroyed as quickly as PS and Tara have managed to rebuild it in these past months.

My concern is more where and how we are affording our current situation. Who is covering the shortfall, what guarantees are against it and what does it mean. It could well just be our friends at sainsburys in which case nothing really has changed but if it's not then who is it?

My concern is more where and how we are affording our current situation. Who is covering the shortfall, what guarantees are against it and what does it mean. It could well just be our friends at sainsburys in which case nothing really has changed but if it's not then who is it?

I did ask that question to TB during the week and he replied, he was.

I understand your concerns but with regard to the above - sorry, it's not any of your business. We support the club we don't own it - I don't want us to fold but to be honest, I couldn't do sod all about it if we did and unless there is a poster on here who wants to put hundreds of thousands into the club then there is no one on here who can do much either.
I love my club as much as anyone but be realistic.

I did ask that question to TB during the week and he replied, he was.

Could this mean John that TB was told by RM that the only way to get back the £3m he was reputedly owed at the start fo the season was to put in a bit more ?

Perhaps he's been cut in on the stadium deal ?

Could this mean John that TB was told by RM that the only way to get back the £3m he was reputedly owed at the start fo the season was to put in a bit more ?

Perhaps he's been cut in on the stadium deal ?

Thought he was already a investor in the stadium deal / what about TB himself bringing in more investors to the club with his contact's through his days working in the City

I think there needs to be some kind of context to this. The wage budget for last season was £1.3m and in the summer was apparently going to be reduced for this year. Even if this year's budget is the same as last year's that's less than half the budget we'd been using for the previous few seasons.

We lose money from cashflow every month. That's also true of at least 80% of football clubs at this level and others.

What we're seeing is great use of that budget now that we're not tying up a huge amount of it on a handful of core players on big money and long deals.

I understand your concerns but with regard to the above - sorry, it's not any of your business. We support the club we don't own it - I don't want us to fold but to be honest, I couldn't do sod all about it if we did and unless there is a poster on here who wants to put hundreds of thousands into the club then there is no one on here who can do much either.
I love my club as much as anyone but be realistic.

My football club = My business, physically I don't own it but I want to be here long after the current owner and as mentioned I will continue to ask the questions

I think there needs to be some kind of context to this. The wage budget for last season was £1.3m and in the summer was apparently going to be reduced for this year. Even if this year's budget is the same as last year's that's less than half the budget we'd been using for the previous few seasons.

We lose money from cashflow every month. That's also true of at least 80% of football clubs at this level and others.

What we're seeing is great use of that budget now that we're not tying up a huge amount of it on a handful of core players on big money and long deals.

anyone want to trawl through my old threads and give me a prize ....... ?

"that we're not tying up a huge amount of it on a handful of core players on big money and long deals" which is why RM wanted the club relegated, Tilson binned off and all the rest ..... zzzzzzzzzzz

we are the best supported and best funded club in this division - League 1 is rather different .....

but 5 MILLION quid from Sainsburys means this league is a doddle -

My analysis of what was going down seems to hold up - but TBH I don't give a stuff anymore - there were some great times under Tilson and I hope great times will return but for me the poisen is still in the air -

"that we're not tying up a huge amount of it on a handful of core players on big money and long deals" which is why RM wanted the club relegated, Tilson binned off and all the rest ..... zzzzzzzzzzz

we are the best supported and best funded club in this division - League 1 is rather different .....

My analysis of what was going down seems to hold up - but TBH I don't give a stuff anymore - there were some great times under Tilson and I hope great times will return but for me the poisen is still in the air -

I think the only one spouting poison around here is you, if that is in fact what you are trying to say?

I'm confused, are these your words? I don't see what evidence there is to support wild conspiracy theories, in fact we aren't even the best supported or funded team in league 2, and there is no way we still have all of the 5 million

How anyone can think it is wrong to be asking questions, no matter how well the club is doing on the pitch, is beyond me. Has history taught us nothing?

Supporting the club and keeping a close eye on those in charge should not be mutually exclusive concepts. It may not be entirely our right to demand information but the club's leadership should welcome the interest and attention.

And as for the original objections to this thread, the very purpose of this forum is to ask questions and foster discussion. Long may it continue.

I've never said that no-one shouldn't ask questions, I'm just saying I can't see the point in worrying about something we can't control; however that is just my opinion and I appreciate not everyone sees it that way. I don't have my head in the sand with regards the running of the club, I just choose not to worry about it as there is nowt I can do.

And Kent, don't have a go at me for shooting down moaners, when you are doing the same to the happy folk :smile:

I'm not hugging a moaner - it might catch and besides I'll only get told I don't hug well :smiles:

Im not shooting you down mate, I appreciate your stance completely and understand this board and the club is full of very different characters and opinions. 5-2 and we are both happy, that we can agree on

Im not shooting you down mate, I appreciate your stance completely and understand this board and the club is full of very different characters and opinions. 5-2 and we are both happy, that we can agree on

And I appreciate yours - if we all agreed anyway these boards would be boring and rubbish, what makes it what it is, is a difference of opinion.

For the moment we are both happy with 5-2, but I'm sure there is someone out there who is going to knock Gilbert or the tactics after that still :smile:

Hope you have a pleasant weekend and I'm as keen as anyone to find out what questions get asked and answered on 25th

Back