• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Ron saving his pennies to bring back Freddy ?

CC51DAS

President
Can't help wondering if all this 'lack of activity' in the transfer market points to us pulling off one or two big deals .

Tilly evidently and correctly has been told to cut out the dead wood and trim the wage bill to a minimum .Progress has been made .

Bringing Fred back would guarantee extra bums on seats and TV revenue and he is one of the few CCC level players who would consider playing for us .

After a year under Mick Mac , Fred know's where he is well off . With a Goat style player along side him he will get chances . And Barney when fit will provide competition for places and options during matches .

Seems like a win win situation all round to me and with Freddy back and the right support, win win we will - especially if we can strenghten the midfield and CB if Bailey and Clarke move on .

C'mon Ron splash the cash and splosh the dosh - you know it makes sense !

Can't help wondering if all this 'lack of activity' in the transfer market points to us pulling off one or two big deals .

Tilly evidently and correctly has been told to cut out the dead wood and trim the wage bill to a minimum .Progress has been made .

Bringing Fred back would guarantee extra bums on seats and TV revenue and he is one of the few CCC level players who would consider playing for us .

After a year under Mick Mac , Fred know's where he is well off . With a Goat style player along side him he will get chances . And Barney when fit will provide competition for places and options during matches .

Seems like a win win situation all round to me and with Freddy back and the right support, win win we will - especially if we can strenghten the midfield and CB if Bailey and Clarke move on .

in a word, no, freddy is not coming back

I think Ron's saving his pennies because he has an extremely expensive football stadium to build.

so you expect us to spend at least a million on Eastwood, about 8 grand a week on wages, and then have enough cash to spend on comparable or better replacements for Bailey and Clarke? No wonder people moan at games if this is the kind of expectation level that people have.... I'd rather have a club to support in 10 years, to be honest :stunned:

I think that we are going to have a couple of lean years tbh in terms of spending money in order to fund the new stadium but I will take short term pain for long term gain

If Coventry can't afford Eastwood's fee plus wages, then there's not a chance in hell Southend United in their current guise can.

Please can all this "Eastwood to return?" bolleaux stop?

If Coventry can't afford Eastwood's fee plus wages, then there's not a chance in hell Southend United in their current guise can.

Please can all this "Eastwood to return?" bolleaux stop?

but my source says its a done deal. Be unveiled tomorrow with Darren Huckerby, both modelling the new away kit.

Is Ron Saving His Pennies

Is Ron Saving His Pennies to bring back Freddy?

I think the first part of the thead title is correct.

I am reliably informed, by my source within the club (who is 100% reliable) that this is indeed true. Add to that it is the true reason for the departure and impending departure of so many.
Going on that basis, and it could be logical is that freddie will bang in is normal tally of goals, say 20 next season whilst all the other players we bring in from the conference and ryman league (south and north) to play for us would get us relegated by about, March?

Freddy will not re-join us, Huckerby definitely won't join us (unless he fancies taking a 400% wage cut), and we will not be signing anybody else who has been, wants to be or thinks they are worth over 2k a week....that is my personal opinion!

I can remember Mr Ron Martin coming on the pitch with his mic told us could we keep quite ase he has some think important to tell us and it was some think to the tune off we will get are staduim + hotel
=+house and flats i make millions and im going to get southend where they belong (there was stupid me thinking championship but now i believe its the blue sq was wot he was saying .

I can remember Mr Ron Martin coming on the pitch with his mic told us could we keep quite ase he has some think important to tell us and it was some think to the tune off we will get are staduim + hotel
=+house and flats i make millions and im going to get southend where they belong (there was stupid me thinking championship but now i believe its the blue sq was wot he was saying .

He hasn't made anything yet, he's just got lots of bills to pay.

Money doesn't grow on trees, especially for a recently relegated club £millions in debt.

Back