• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

is there a twist in the relegation battle....

yes they were told but i didnt think the points were deducted untill after the final position was known

Am sure that is how it is as I think a team (Leeds possibly) took advantage of this by going into admin when relegation was certain, took the points deduction and then didnt suffer any pain from it. They changed the rules after that t ensure no one could get around them again, fairy sure of that
Yes exactly, that is why the changed the rules.

yes they were told but i didnt think the points were deducted untill after the final position was known

Am sure that is how it is as I think a team (Leeds possibly) took advantage of this by going into admin when relegation was certain, took the points deduction and then didnt suffer any pain from it. They changed the rules after that t ensure no one could get around them again, fairy sure of that

Really?

Yes with Wigan it was the case of if they went down -12 for the start of the season in L1, or if they stayed up then -12 (and relegation). Sadly they were 10 points from relegation safety at the end of the season so got relegated and had to sell all the squad for pennies.

They lost 15 points in 2007/08 season.

Yeah fairly sure about it, a club (90% certain Leeds) went into admin knowing they wouldn’t suffer any hardship as they were already down, clubs complained and am sure league amended the rules

I think you've missed my point.

:Winking:

It’s financial irregularity / Um Bongo related.

Seems one of the directors failed to invest the expected amount of cash but instead reached up through the big flap at the before running off with free pack of Frazzles and a tropical fruit drink from the training ground snacks machine.

Despicable non-league behaviour.

Not sure where this originated from, but that differs from the relevant EFL Regulations posted on their website:

"12.3 Subject to the provisions of Regulation 12.4 below, where the Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction in accordance with Regulation 12.2 (If a Group Undertaking of a Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, then the Board shall have the power to impose upon the Club a deduction of 12 points scored or to be scored in the League Competition. In exercising this power the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case and to):

12.3.1 during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

12.3.2 during the Normal Playing Season but after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, Regulation 12.4 shall apply; and

12.3.3 outside the Normal Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season on minus 12 points (including in the National League if appropriate).

12.4 Where the circumstances set out in Regulation 12.3.2 apply and at the end of that Season, having regard to the number of championship points awarded (ignoring any potential deduction):

12.4.1 the Club would be relegated in accordance with Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7, the points deduction will apply in the next following Season (including in the National League if appropriate); or

12.4.2 the Club would not be relegated as aforesaid, the points deduction will apply in that Season and Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7 will then apply (if appropriate) following imposition of the points deduction."

To summarise, where a club goes into administration (12.2/12.3) after 5:00pm on the fourth Thursday in March but during the playing season (12.3.2), Rule 12.4 applies. That states that, if the club would have been relegated anyway then the points deduction applies the following season (12.4.1), whereas if they would not have been relegated, the points deduction applies in the current season (12.4.2) and relegation would apply if the points deducted took them into that position (10.1.2(b)) including into the National League (7.7).

Back