• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

is there a twist in the relegation battle....

We have massive debts but much of it is a technical debt, Robbie Cowling uses the club to offset tax liabilities in other areas of his companies, he has 27 directorships so there is plenty of choice!

Load of rubbish from an extremely dubious source on Twitter. Absolutely nothing in this.

Keep hearing rumours of Oldham but surely there would be something a bit more concrete by now?

I wouldn't think it matters how much debt a club is in on paper, as long as the bills & wages are paid why should they be put into administration. Look at Victoria Beckham's fashion 'empire'! She loses millions every year but still trades quite happily as the debts are covered.

If their is a club in league 2 on the verge of administration its probably Oldham..... have been badly run club for years now

I don’t think it is us, all our staff are fully paid, we are fully up to date with VAT and PAYE according to Robbie on BBC Essex the other day, nothing has been deferred in any way. He even said we will be in a much stronger financial position next season compared to other league two clubs. Of course he could be telling porkies:Unsure:

I think this is just someone chancing it and putting 2 & 2 together a getting 5. But then with what has happens in the last 12 months or so, then I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a club put into administration, but personally don’t see it happening especially with only 6/7 games to go.

I think this is just someone chancing it and putting 2 & 2 together a getting 5. But then with what has happens in the last 12 months or so, then I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a club put into administration, but personally don’t see it happening especially with only 6/7 games to go.
Wigan got stung last season with 6/7 games to go. Probably is bull**** but you never know.

I don’t think it is us, all our staff are fully paid, we are fully up to date with VAT and PAYE according to Robbie on BBC Essex the other day, nothing has been deferred in any way. He even said we will be in a much stronger financial position next season compared to other league two clubs. Of course he could be telling porkies:Unsure:
But after the **** that’s been in the news this week with Robbie and a previous staff member and comments like this...
Colchester staff numbers fell from 296 to 266 in 2020. Club bought players for £161k in the season.

“Colchester owe over £26 million to parent Aspire Media Group.”

It comes after Colchester chairman Robbie Cowling insisted that his decision to keep on top of the club’s bills and not defer payments will ultimately benefit the relegation-threatened League Two club.

“It could be the best decision I’ve made as chairman,” he told BBC Essex.

That sounds familiar

Why? Our debt is owned to Ron, would not make any sense for it to be us, given Ron’s plans etc...

I was joking in this occasion. Your right it wouldnt make sense. Although there is no plan or strategy. Ron doesnt want to talk about negatives like relegation.

Back