• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

is there a twist in the relegation battle....

Well if fanbanter.co.uk is running with it, then that's all the proof of veracity to the story I need to hear to be convinced it's genuine.

There are a load of crap tweeters there but this one is better than average for reliability. Not always right but I would imagine there must be at least something concrete going around the football community about it.

When I was working in the game thru last summer there were 7 or 8 current league 2 clubs very close to administration, when I left at christmas is was 6. It wouldn’t surprise me if more than one are on the brink

This guy is one of the only ones on Twitter with any credibilty to be fair. Usually gets this sort of thing right.

Wigan was rumoured to go into admin last year, everyone thought the twitters rumours was bull****, it’s come out truth, I remember Barnsley fans was hoping it’s happening and they celebrated like they won promotion!

Club reported to have almost £30m debt. -12 points for going into administration.

Rumours still flying around. All we can do is try and win all our remaining games and stay up through gaining the points and not rely on other misfortune.

Is it Oldham, or is it Col U?

Only one way to find out.... FIGHT!!! (Oh and they’re playing each other on Friday).

Not really sure how these things work. But Col Ewe’s parent company who the money is owed, (Aspire Media), has three directors, all of whom are Cowling’s.

Could Cowling have got to the point where the finances are rocky and he doesn’t fancy their chances of staying up, so is using the parent company to force the club into administration? Again, I don’t really know the ins and outs, but would it not make some sense for them to take the -12 this season and go down with no point deduction next season? Otherwise, they may still go down and go into administration, meaning -12 at the foot of the conference before a ball is kicked of the new season. That’s a big hole to then dig them out of, especially with less money coming through the door.

I’m probably talking utter ****e/thinking out loud.

BBC Essex confirms it's not Col Ewe, as predicted a load of old rubbish and shows how easy it is to make something up and get traction.

If there was any element of truth in any club going into Administration I would think it likely to be Oldham or Mansfield

However I think original rumour regarding any club is rubbish but got the tweeter his moment of fame

If there was any element of truth in any club going into Administration I would think it likely to be Oldham or Mansfield

However I think original rumour regarding any club is rubbish but got the tweeter his moment of fame
The person who started it originally has been right on a few things in the past so there was a degree of credibility, the speculation part has been which club.

Back