• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

is there a twist in the relegation battle....

Ricky Otto

President⭐
seen several people on social media say to get on oldham at 66/1 to be relegated. the comments are suggesting a points deduction? no idea what for? it seems like the bookies have suspended betting though

seen several people on social media say to get on oldham at 66/1 to be relegated. the comments are suggesting a points deduction? no idea what for? it seems like the bookies have suspended betting though
Whispers suggest administration but there could be no truth in those statements. It's -12 points during an EFL season isn't it?

Even if the best should happen from our perspective they'd only be 2 points behind us with a far better goal difference.

I doubt this would lead anywhere either. The chances are they'd survive until the end of the season and the EFL would apply any penalty to next season.

I have just taken a look at the Oldham fans forum and it was like going back to 1997.

I thought I was using Netscape Navigator for a while.

That said the only thing I could see that would explain the sponsors decision is alleged abuse of a female linesperson.

Even if the best should happen from our perspective they'd only be 2 points behind us with a far better goal difference.

I doubt this would lead anywhere either. The chances are they'd survive until the end of the season and the EFL would apply any penalty to next season.
depends what it is for, if you go into administration dont you get a 12 point penalty? And if you stay up it is taken this year and if you do not it is where you start from next year as in -12 points?

Last edited:
I have just taken a look at the Oldham fans forum and it was like going back to 1997.

I thought I was using Netscape Navigator for a while.

That said the only thing I could see that would explain the sponsors decision is alleged abuse of a female linesperson.
I did an inter web search and found nothing, if they had gone into admin or not paid wages (this doesnt give you -12 points though) then there would be some rumours around

I wonder if Oldham have switched to an alternative supplier of watery tomato soup with clumps of powder floating in it?

De

pends what it is for, if you go into administration dont you get a 12 point penalty? And if you stay up it is taken this year and if you do not it is where you start from next year as in -12 points?

All of that may be true, but:
  1. If you take the 12 points off now, they'll only be 2 points behind us with a far better goal difference so the chances are they'll finish above us even with a 12 point deduction.
  2. You're assuming the EFL follow their own rules, which they don't seem to do very often. If the choice is sending them down and saving us, what way do you think they'll lean?

"Allegations have been made which are abhorrent and will not be tolerated".

If this was over money I can't see why the sponsor would tweet that, sounds more like something bad has happened behind the scenes between the sponsor and the club in which case there won't be a points deduction.

All of that may be true, but:
  1. If you take the 12 points off now, they'll only be 2 points behind us with a far better goal difference so the chances are they'll finish above us even with a 12 point deduction.
  2. You're assuming the EFL follow their own rules, which they don't seem to do very often. If the choice is sending them down and saving us, what way do you think they'll lean?
I did stop say it would happen have also posted that I see nothing on the internet.

but if they follow the rules as they did with Wigan then no judgement would be made till after the season

I’m fuming with myself. I read the rumours on Reddit a few weeks ago and was tempted to Chuck some monies on it at 80/1 to go down. It looks like they could end up with points reduction. It will all come out with why soon I’m sure. But grrrrr not going to miss opportunities like this again from strong rumours.

That happen to Wigan before their last 3 games.
yes they were told but i didnt think the points were deducted untill after the final position was known

Am sure that is how it is as I think a team (Leeds possibly) took advantage of this by going into admin when relegation was certain, took the points deduction and then didnt suffer any pain from it. They changed the rules after that t ensure no one could get around them again, fairy sure of that

Back