• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always a Shrimper

Schoolboy
This morning I have just been listening to the Radio 4 News Programme. The head of Northern Foods said that the time of the very large supermarkets has gone. This is after Morrison stated it had lost a great deal of money during the previous year. It was going to reduce it's prices to complete with the discounters such as Aldi etc. He stated trends in shopping have changed and the big four have been slow to respond. Also Property values of their stores have fallen a lot.

Is this why delay has followed delay?

I see trouble ahead!

Last edited:
Are not Sainsbury already commited with handouts to Ron to the tune of a few million.

I see Sainsburys have also bought the J&A bathroom site next to Halfords in Westcliff.

Supermarkets all want to branch out with smaller convenient stores from what I have seen!

Dont see that myself, im pretty sure all of us go to large supermarkets and will continue to do so. There are too many though. Where I live Morrisons opened a massive store last year, within a mile radius of a big sainsburys and a big tescos, and an asda and a waitrose within a 5 mile radius of that. im not surprised its not doing so well!

back to SUFC, its supposed to be a flagship store isnt it? And a significant upgrade to the one in town, so not worried about that. Worried about a million other things about SUFC lol, but thats always the way!

Aldis are also in Australia , When they build a store here ,Woolworths also open a store in the same shopping centre, they dont try to compete price wise with Aldis ,but reason that Aldis do not sell every item so what shoppers cannot buy in the Aldis store they will buy in the Woolworths store ,and it works

Back