• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Isaac Hutchinson

Signed for Walsall after his Derby contract expired.

Good luck to him. Each new club gives him more experience and the opportunity to grow as a professional footballer. Not sure I'd want Poundland on the front of my shirt but I suppose it's a sign of the times rather than a transfer or signing on fee.:Winking:

The kids had his fair share of bad luck….even after leaving Southend 😂😂

In his time at Derby he saw the manger who signed him sacked within a month. He’s seen 3 take over bids reach almost conclusion only to fall through at last minute. Had a season destroyed by covid - even testing positive himself just after actually breaking into the first team…..and finally the club went into administration which ruled him out of selection due to the terms of the transfer from Southend.

On the positive side, he made his debut on live TV captaining the side in the FA Cup 3rd round - due to covid outbreak. He then played and trained under Wayne Rooney who publicly praised him and what he offered all pre season. He built a relationship with Steve McClaren who was a great help to him. He played against a pretty strong Man Utd side pre season marking Nemanja Matic - which was a football lesson in itself. He tasted championship football. He scored on his ‘real’ full debut, again live on TV. He trained regularly and played with the likes of Phil Jagielka, Tom Lawrence, Curtis Davies, Colin Kazim Richard’s…all good pros who have been great role models for him.

He’s now played for three full England internationals one of whom was arguably one of the greatest England footballers of all time (not Sol!!), he’s nearing 80 professional games and has seen, good and bad loan spells, lots of takes overs (Crawley included!) and learned loads.

He’s still only just turned 22…..he still has lots to play for and is working hard to fulfill potential.

Good luck to him at Walsall

In his time at Derby he saw the manger who signed him sacked within a month. He’s seen 3 take over bids reach almost conclusion only to fall through at last minute. Had a season destroyed by covid - even testing positive himself just after actually breaking into the first team…..and finally the club went into administration which ruled him out of selection due to the terms of the transfer from Southend.

On the positive side, he made his debut on live TV captaining the side in the FA Cup 3rd round - due to covid outbreak. He then played and trained under Wayne Rooney who publicly praised him and what he offered all pre season. He built a relationship with Steve McClaren who was a great help to him. He played against a pretty strong Man Utd side pre season marking Nemanja Matic - which was a football lesson in itself. He tasted championship football. He scored on his ‘real’ full debut, again live on TV. He trained regularly and played with the likes of Phil Jagielka, Tom Lawrence, Curtis Davies, Colin Kazim Richard’s…all good pros who have been great role models for him.

He’s now played for three full England internationals one of whom was arguably one of the greatest England footballers of all time (not Sol!!), he’s nearing 80 professional games and has seen, good and bad loan spells, lots of takes overs (Crawley included!) and learned loads.

He’s still only just turned 22…..he still has lots to play for and is working hard to fulfill potential.

I must have missed the reason he couldn't be selected after they entered administration. Could you enlighten me please?

Oh and all the best Issac.

I must have missed the reason he couldn't be selected after they entered administration. Could you enlighten me please?

I think his contract meant if he played any more they had to pay him a bonus but they couldn't afford to pay it so didn't play him again.

I think his contract meant if he played any more they had to pay him a bonus but they couldn't afford to pay it so didn't play him again.

No the terms of the contract were that Derby owed Southend a lump sum of £25,000 on his first league start (or sub appearance before 60 mins) and a further £5,000 for every start (or appearance before 60 mins) after that upto 40 games. There was also a 30% sell on fee.

The deal screwed everyone.

Isaac was pretty much ignored once admin was entered and literally had no chance of ever playing. The move proved a disaster and prevented any real progress.

Derby were unable to play him at a time when they had a tiny squad and limited resources. By not being able to play him he was of no value and no one was able to truly assess his progress and made him a worthless asset.

Southend lost out because by wanting to be paid for their own benefits (obviously) he simply never played and by the end of his contract he wasn’t worth a transfer fee either.

A very frustrating time when this time last year he was just making Rooney notice him.

Last edited:

Could have just stayed here if he wanted to work with Tom Lawrence🤷‍♂️.

Hope the move works out for him. It’s probably now or never with this move but he’s got the talent to take that next step and establish himself - being capable of scoring goals won’t hurt either - earn that extension and then really shine and potentially move up the leagues.

Reactions: RHB
No the terms of the contract were that Derby owed Southend a lump sum of £25,000 on his first league start (or sub appearance before 60 mins) and a further £5,000 for every start (or appearance before 60 mins) after that upto 40 games. There was also a 30% sell on fee.

Isaac was pretty much ignored once admin was entered and literally had no chance of ever playing. The move proved a disaster and prevented any real progress.

Derby were unable to play him at a time when they had a tiny squad and limited resources. By not being able to play him he was of no value and no one was able to truly assess his progress and made him a worthless asset.

Southend lost out because by wanting to be paid for their own benefits (obviously) he simply never played and by the end of his contract he wasn’t worth a transfer fee either.

A very frustrating time when this time last year he was just making Rooney notice him.

Fair enough. Thank you for correcting my misinformation. I knew it was about Derby not being able to afford to play him but had everything else wrong.

Hopefully he can now put it all to bed, settle in to a team and get some playing time!

Thank you 👍

Back