• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IT Help Please.

DTS

The Business
Fellow S'Zoners.....

HELP ME.

I am using Microsoft Outlook as our email thing at work. Somehow I have managed to click something and when I used to hold down the 3 & Shift Symbol to get a £ sign I now get a # ???

Obivously as a mortgage broker the £ sign is pretty crucial.

PLEASE HELP ME?

Dave

Right-click on the taskbar at the bottom, go to language settings and see if it's English UK?

The keyboard may have set to English US?

Or in Outlook Tools > options > spelling and see if that's English UK.

if it's happening across the board, sounds like your language settings have been changed somehow and windows is expecting a different keyboard. Go to:

Start Menu > Control Panel > Regional and Language Settings

then click the 'Languages' tab and check that you're set to English: United Kingdom

if that doesn't work, then it will require someone smarter than I.

My advice is make sure you lock your computer when you leave your desk. I doubt its anything you have done.....

Thanks to all concerned...

The finance world is now safe. I have my ££££££'s symbol back.

Thanks to all....The idea of cutting and pasting a £ made the whole office laugh.

DtS

On a similar theme, on my laptop at home, when I click on the @ key, I get " and vice versa. Any ideas how I can change this ??

Yep thats a common mistake and the advice here is right.

However you can also resolve it by moving to America and buying one of their keyboards.

On a similar theme, on my laptop at home, when I click on the @ key, I get " and vice versa. Any ideas how I can change this ??

Go to control panel, regional and language options, languages, then change the input language to English UK or whatever it is, should do the trick.

Back