• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's great being a Southend fan, isn't it...

choggy

Coach
Haven't been on here since the end of last season and I can't believe how much has happened in 3 months! New team, new manager, new forum (love it btw).

I'm not going to bother dragging up everything that happened over the last 3 months, but my view on things is as follows:

1. Tilson was in an impossible situation last season and credit to him for sticking it out to the bitter end. The writing was on the wall for him the moment Brush got fired and the guy is a legend in my mind, I doubt there would have been a football manager in the land who could have kept us up with the off-field turmoil at the club.

2. I don't blame any of the players from last season for not staying on. Not being paid for month's on end entitles anybody to move on with their career. I wish them all well with their new clubs.

3. Grant's continuing loyalty to the club is fantastic. I hope when his name gets read out for the team line-up on saturday everybody in the ground applauds him

4. Ron....right now the only chairman I can think of in living memory that has behaved more despicably than you was Anton Johnson. And if we end up folding because you have no money to build a new ground now that you've sold the equity of the ground to Sainburys then you're even worse than he is. And pay the SUSCT their money back.

5. Paul Sturrock. Given our current plight I was amazed you agreed to come down here. Good luck.

6. The new players. Give 100% to the cause and we'll worship you. Thanks for taking a gamble by joining.

7. If we can finish in the top half of the table this season I'll be delighted.

Anyone got anything else they want to add?

Haven't been on here since the end of last season and I can't believe how much has happened in 3 months! New team, new manager, new forum (love it btw).

I'm not going to bother dragging up everything that happened over the last 3 months, but my view on things is as follows:

1. Tilson was in an impossible situation last season and credit to him for sticking it out to the bitter end. The writing was on the wall for him the moment Brush got fired and the guy is a legend in my mind, I doubt there would have been a football manager in the land who could have kept us up with the off-field turmoil at the club.

2. I don't blame any of the players from last season for not staying on. Not being paid for month's on end entitles anybody to move on with their career. I wish them all well with their new clubs.

3. Grant's continuing loyalty to the club is fantastic. I hope when his name gets read out for the team line-up on saturday everybody in the ground applauds him

4. Ron....right now the only chairman I can think of in living memory that has behaved more despicably than you was Anton Johnson. And if we end up folding because you have no money to build a new ground now that you've sold the equity of the ground to Sainburys then you're even worse than he is. And pay the SUSCT their money back.

5. Paul Sturrock. Given our current plight I was amazed you agreed to come down here. Good luck.

6. The new players. Give 100% to the cause and we'll worship you. Thanks for taking a gamble by joining.

7. If we can finish in the top half of the table this season I'll be delighted.

Anyone got anything else they want to add?

What a great synopsis and perspective, Choggy - I tip my titfer in your general direction! :clap:

Well its been awhile for me to, 7 years infact....7 years living in the USA and at last i've got around to joining this site, hoping shrimperszone with aid in my following the blues....UTB

I believe you've summed up the current situation very well. Whilst all of us would love an instant return to league 1, i, like you think it will take a couple of seasons. Sturrocks record in the lower divisions is good, but the law of averages dictates that he cant succeed every time first off. Despite the encouraging display on tuesday, to expect a completely new team to instantly gel and set the division alight is highly improbable, as you predict. However, as we dont yet know the calibre of the other 23 teams we will be facing this season, we can only but hope!. My only point of contention with your statement is regarding Grant being cheered when his name is read out before every home game. I reckon he will miss half of them due to being sent off 3 or 4 times!.

we have a squad of gd players and could do well, league 2 is abit of a jungle so im hoping for a top half finish. granty is a hero in my eyes for staying and im annoyed i cant be there saturday to gave him a big cheer, but i shall do on tuesday :)

Back