• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

migraineboy

Youth Team
Am looking for some genuine feedback from the 'Zone' on Jack Bridge. Have never seen him play and, as the U21 will be playing on Tuesday afternoons, am not expecting to see him any time soon. Am just curious exactly how close people would consider him to be to the First XI? I've heard/read some good comments on him and I noticed he was involved in the Friendly last week against Peterborough and was one of only 4 non-First Team squad players (one of the others was Jason Williams and he has been discussed a LOT on the Zone recently). He is also included on the 'sponsors' page in the Matchday Programmes, which would give the impression he could get chances this year (albeit, he is challenging for a position in a congested midfield).

Ted Smith was raving about him in the programme on Saturday too......

Fantastic player is Jack Bridge. If he don't make it here, he will make it elsewhere.

Same as Williams really, will probably see him on the bench at times, doubt he will get near the first team this season though.

Id imagine Payne is ahead of him.

Coaches say he was a year or 2 ahead of Payne but I believe injury has stalled this. All promising stuff if true.

Same as Williams really, will probably see him on the bench at times, doubt he will get near the first team this season though.

Id imagine Payne is ahead of him.

I think its a bit different. It says a lot when Ted Smith says his the best player he has played with. I even recall that some time last season when the echo did that "Questionnaire" thing with the players,that Ryan Leonard claimed that Jack Bridge is the brightest prospect. Also Bridge offers something different to Payne. Payne can only really play one position. Bridge is more of a 'Box To Box' midfielder.

The scenario with Jason is that if he scores goals he will get nearer the First team.

Like, when Jason Williams scored that Hatrick the other week against Gillingham, did anyone realise that Bridge set up all 3 goals.

Like, when Jason Williams scored that Hatrick the other week against Gillingham, did anyone realise that Bridge set up all 3 goals.

yep, I would guess that everyone that knew Williams scored three also bothered to read the next few sentences stating bridge got the assists :winking:

Dont know, some seemed to stop at that point to open a Williams thread. There was no Bridge thread set up.

To be fair its harder for midfielders to grab the same level of attention.

The lads is meant to be a bit special.

Firstly he has a well know agency looking after-him and they don't tend to take the lower level players so they must fancy him. He is with the same agency as Ted Smith.

I had lunch with a few agents from the agency last year and I know a few of them quIte well all be it not his agent and they all knew his name and said he will be a good player.

Last edited:
Dont know, some seemed to stop at that point to open a Williams thread. There was no Bridge thread set up.

To be fair its harder for midfielders to grab the same level of attention.

Yes, I agree

Firstly he has a well know agency looking after-him and they don't tend to take the lower level players so they must fancy him. He is with the same agency as Ted Smith.

I had lunch with a few agents from the agency last year and I know a few of them quote well all be it not his agent and they all knew his name and said he will be a good player.

Bit harsh, he looks ok to me :winking:

A very bright prospect, hope to see him at least on the bench with the first team, if not given a game or two.

I had lunch with a few agents from the agency last year and I know a few of them quote well all be it not his agent and they all knew his name and said he will be a good player.

That sounds convincing ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic, but when i saw this thread yesterday, my heart missed a beat. That was my Dad's name, who passed away last week!.
He was a Blues fan, and started watching them at the old greyhound stadium in Sutton Road, decades ago.

Back