• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Just wondered what sort of reception JP will get Saturday.

For me personally I think he acted quite poorly. Yes he had a decent season at Huddersfield but as the season progressd he appeared less and less and finds himself back at league 1 Oxford.

I know He made us some money but after 1 year would a bit of loyalty really gone a miss?

He will be getting some stick

Won't get any stick from me; a player leaving us to move to a bigger club in a higher division is hardly a crime.

won't get stick or a cheer from me. Didn't stick around long enough to get a warm reception but you can't blame him for moving on and we did get a reasonable compensation. Just like any other opposition player as far as I'm concerned

I doubt if i ll notice he's playing until he starts fannying around with it and one of our players nicks the ball off him.
Sure , he's got some skills but he's a poor mans Jack Bridge who got incredibly lucky that he had a whole team build around him playing in that luxury position. Im guessing as Oxford shipped 4 goals last night they are finding the same problem to fit him in any sort of system.

I'm also fairly sure quite a large portion of our fickle fans will be more concentrating on castigating our own players , especially Timlin , along with Phil Brown. Which of course is very stupid . But such is life.

I doubt if i ll notice he's playing until he starts fannying around with it and one of our players nicks the ball off him.
Sure , he's got some skills but he's a poor mans Jack Bridge who got incredibly lucky that he had a whole team build around him playing in that luxury position. Im guessing as Oxford shipped 4 goals last night they are finding the same problem to fit him in any sort of system.

I'm also fairly sure quite a large portion of our fickle fans will be more concentrating on castigating our own players , especially Timlin , along with Phil Brown. Which of course is very stupid . But such is life.
...poor man's Jack Bridge....is that a wind up?....everytime you see Oxford score he is involved...yet another bad handling of a player by Brown...i would have him back tomorrow!

Most talented player we've had since Freddy, im sure he will be playing back in the championship before too long.

Quality player and did a good job for us in his time here, so won't get stick from me.

Booing and abusing ex-players just fires them up even more. Don't give him the ammo.

Won't get any stick from me, a very talented player who unfortunately decided to leave for a team in a higher division for no doubt a considerable increase in salary, a decision any sensible person would make, is leading the League 1 assists chart with 9 so far this season, how we would love that sort of creativity in our team.

...poor man's Jack Bridge....is that a wind up?....everytime you see Oxford score he is involved...yet another bad handling of a player by Brown...i would have him back tomorrow!

How was he handled badly by Brown. He was pretty much a regular in the first season in League One and was often accommodated in the team.

Fabulous player on his day - which was more often than not. And without his interception on Mr Wycombe deep into injury time we might still be in the depths.

Just stick Lenny on him. Keep him quiet and he'll be subbed after an hour.

Sure , he's got some skills but he's a poor mans Jack Bridge .

Little in common other than their christian names. One has made 119 appearances (73 starts) including over 20 in the Championship and scored 20 goals; one has made 2 appearances (1 start) and no goals.

One will, I think, be back in the Championship at some stage; one, I think, will be back at Chelmsford at some stage.

Payne is less than a year older than Bridge.

won't get stick or a cheer from me. Didn't stick around long enough to get a warm reception but you can't blame him for moving on and we did get a reasonable compensation. Just like any other opposition player as far as I'm concerned

What he said....

This is a wind up surely? Top of the league for assists (nine) and scored six (more than any of our players) in all comps himself.

Given our recent goalscoring form, he's going to be involved in more goals than we'll have scored as a team.

Stick to what you're good at, criticising the fans.

Poor man’s Jack Bridge? You’re either on the wind up or completely deluded.

This is a wind up surely? Top of the league for assists (nine) and scored six (more than any of our players) in all comps himself.

Given our recent goalscoring form, he's going to be involved in more goals than we'll have scored as a team.

Stick to what you're good at, criticising the fans.

I'm just saying one player was given a golden ticket and a whole team built around him so that when he lost the ball there were a couple of players behind him to resolve the situation. The other player , after impressing Premiership Bournemouth , became yet another Phil Brown scapegoat and apart from inexplicably playing him up out of position front twice in a poor team he has been given zero chances to impress.

If all our injuries etc finally force Brown's reluctant hand to provide Bridge with an opportunity to start in midfield on Saturday , we'll see which Jack impresses the most. My money is firmly on the far more talented Bridge. He's got more speed , makes better decisions with and without the ball , isnt vertically challenged or shoved off the ball easily.

But of course we all know Brown wont pick him again , he'd rather give his old has beens another chance

Back