• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jackson

Jackson - Beast or not a beast

• 1. Not a beast just a loving caring weirdo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Not too sure.

• 3. A terrible terrible terrible nonce who needs locking up for life.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am amazed Mts. Digusting? I was digusted by it so disgusting it is. Sanctimonious? Strange way of spelling decency. Warrant the abuse? Perhaps my reply, to some, may have warranted an opinion, but not personal abuse. There is no need for it. Its a shame that your post appears to condone such unnecessary language and personal slating. I thought better of you.

why is there all this Bard like language in the pub??

shakespeare.bmp.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Mar. 02 2005,17:06)]why is there all this Bard like language in the pub??

shakespeare.bmp.jpg
By bard-like, do you mean big-headed?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Mar. 02 2005,16:55)]Well I am amazed Mts. Digusting? I was digusted by it so disgusting it is. Sanctimonious? Strange way of spelling decency. Warrant the abuse? Perhaps my reply, to some, may have warranted an opinion, but not personal abuse. There is no need for it. Its a shame that your post appears to condone such unnecessary language and personal slating. I thought better of you.
You appear not to have grasped that "disgusting" is a matter of entirely subjective opinion. I didn't find it disgusting, so does that mean it isn't? Not necessarily. It just isn't disgusting to me.

What you regarded as decent, others saw as overly lecturing and pious. I call things how I see them - hence my use of the word sanctimonious.

Abuse is almost never warranted - and I certainly don't condone it. However, you take each person as you find them, and I am not about to start setting rules as to the language which other people choose to use - provided that that usage stays within the boundaries of legality, in terms of obscenity laws and defamation.

Thought better of me? You've never met me, how do you know what to think of me?

I try, so far as I can, to apply the letter of the law. I do not sit here, however, as some sort of moral guardian.

The tone which one adopts with people tends to shape the tone of the response with which one is met - something which, perhaps, applies to both Barry and rabbloke.

If you wish to discuss this further between the two of you, please do it off-board. I have nothing further to say on this matter, nor is SZ the appropriate forum in which it is to be said - and that is why I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back