• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underrepresented quotas in industries are a bit different from public racially-motivated slurs.

And wholely unrelated to Jamie Vardy's conduct.

So you want Vardy hung drawn and quartered because of what exactly,not seen the vid myself but understand he thought the guy was cheating and called him a Jap which is shortened for Japenese,so what?

Underrepresented quotas in industries are a bit different from public racially-motivated slurs.

And wholely unrelated to Jamie Vardy's conduct.

But it does give some perspective to faux outraged about what really matters in life.

By the way if Mr Liew demands very public apologies he could start by explaining why Japan will never admit to their despicable war crimes. Or why the continually refused any compensation for the British POW's they used to take great pleaser in torturing. At least the Germans have put their hands up and said sorry and have made sure that each generation is aware of Nazi war crimes. To this day Japan refuses to admit or even teach their children about their wrong doings in the past.....Now that I find outrageous.

So we can go around abusing Japanese people for the crimes of their grandfathers? Must remember than next time i'm in Yo Sushi and the conveyor belt is a bit tardy.

Like a lot of footballers who live in a bubble, they don't realise that the way they act on the training ground is not the way the rest of us carry on. Is he racist....I don't know. Was this a stupid act by a young man who earns far to much money.....yes most definitely.

So we can go around abusing Japanese people for the crimes of their grandfathers? Must remember than next time i'm in Yo Sushi and the conveyor belt is a bit tardy.

Like a lot of footballers who live in a bubble, they don't realise that the way they act on the training ground is not the way the rest of us carry on. Is he racist....I don't know. Was this a stupid act by a young man who earns far to much money.....yes most definitely.

So where exactly did I say that. If your going to hold a grudge MK, you'll need to do better than that.

I know in my heart that what this thread really needs is more over-reaction, more unswerving support for one side or the other with no grey areas (because that's how life is, right?) and even some more hyperbole, but I find life easier when you stop looking to footballers of all people as the beacons of our society. You'll be disappointed every time.

He might well be a bit of a **** but he IS also a good footballer and the thread was specifically about praising his footballing achievements.

So where exactly did I say that. If your going to hold a grudge MK, you'll need to do better than that.

And I quote....

To this day Japan refuses to admit or even teach their children about their wrong doings in the past.....Now that I find outrageous

And I quote....

To this day Japan refuses to admit or even teach their children about their wrong doings in the past.....Now that I find outrageous

Is that the best you can do MK. Nothing in that true statement that's says its ok to abuse Japanese people.

Is that the best you can do MK. Nothing in that true statement that's says its ok to abuse Japanese people.

Maybe not, but it's inferred. Else, why bring 70 year old Japanese war crimes into a thread about a footballer who has been a bit of a pillock?

Maybe not, but it's inferred. Else, why bring 70 year old Japanese war crimes into a thread about a footballer who has been a bit of a pillock?

NO it certainly was not inferred. My post was a response to the term outrage. I agree with you, Vardy has been a drunken idiot. He has not ruined any ones life he used the term Jap. No doubt he regrets his actions and I guess even the victim will probably go through life without being too traumatized.

Mr Liew was not drunk and had plenty of time to consider his approach before he has wrote his piece. To want Vardy sacked and ruin his career and then publicly humiliated I find more vindictive and worse than Vardy's behaviour in the first place.

Shame Journalists who abuse their position to ruin lives with their lies aren't sacked when their caught. Rather than the paper printing a two line apology on page nine.

Ps I have been to Japan, Where I did experience quite open and institutionalized racism towards me.

I'm on shaky ground here as I've weighed in myself on the 'Vardy may or may not be a racist' debate, but I think we should draw a veil over this one now. It's going nowhere.

Maybe RHB would like to start a new thread called 'Jamie Vardy - Football Only'?

I'm on shaky ground here as I've weighed in myself on the 'Vardy may or may not be a racist' debate, but I think we should draw a veil over this one now. It's going nowhere.

Maybe RHB would like to start a new thread called 'Jamie Vardy - Football Only'?

I have to say that I did not think this thread would develop in the way it has. I probably made the mistake of posting this on the General Football Forum. I'll know better next time. Time to stab and drown this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back