• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January & Beyond Transfer Rumour Thread

As someone said earlier in the thread isn’t our model buy cheap and try and sell on for a profit. Shouldn’t we therefore look at our team and identify those who we think no one would pay for and try and replace them, embargo permitting, rather than worry about those others would want. To me the front two wouldnt be wanted by other clubs willing to pay money. That’s whichever combination of front two we play.

I suppose Lomas and Davis would be looked at as replacements for either Kensdale or Hobson, Hopefully we have some really promising youngsters in the academy teams also ..

I suppose Lomas and Davis would be looked at as replacements for either Kensdale or Hobson, Hopefully we have some really promising youngsters in the academy teams also ..
Agree, but the fact that Davis has just gone back out on loan would seem to suggest that we are not expecting any defensive departures in the near future

Agree, but the fact that Davis has just gone back out on loan would seem to suggest that we are not expecting any defensive departures in the near future

Or he's there for a month to ensure he's fit and ready to go into the team if necessary?

We don't have a programme of games sorted for the B team (bar the Essex Senior Cup) hence we need to get minutes into the fringe players in case of suspension or injury.

Or he's there for a month to ensure he's fit and ready to go into the team if necessary?

We don't have a programme of games sorted for the B team (bar the Essex Senior Cup) hence we need to get minutes into the fringe players in case of suspension or injury.
Much better to be playing competitive football in front of paying spectators anyway.

Very true and I know how highly Davis is regarded, but if that was the case then he should have been gone last month as the window opens in two days so theoretically anyone that's leaving could be on their way on Sunday.

Fingers crossed that we keep our best players as we can't replace any that leave.

Very true and I know how highly Davis is regarded, but if that was the case then he should have been gone last month as the window opens in two days so theoretically anyone that's leaving could be on their way on Sunday.

Fingers crossed that we keep our best players as we can't replace any that leave.
I’m sure we have a recall clause

Yes, I’m not concerned by Lomas stepping into Hobson’s role but rather who then steps into Lomas’ role as backup?

He hasn’t even left yet and people are already slandering him.

I’d rather another defensive midfielder to a creative one. We were probably at our best when we had the double pivot of Cav and Harry Taylor. That freed up Bridge, Husin/Fonguck, GSM and even Hobson to push further forward. The only downside to that is we don’t have a ready replacement for Bridge if he gets injured and that formation is only really viable with Bridge’s attacking threat from deep.
I'm with you on that YB, we need another DM , and of course what if Miley is out injured , Neal showed last season how important it is to have a 90 min action man to anchor the midfield around and two would be even better imo

Out of the current playing squad i would let go: Mooney; Husin; Ralph; Fonguck; Cardwell.

There… I’ve said it… no going back know… It might not be popular, but it’s what we need.
Sticking your head above the parapet has to be applauded, but can we replace them with anything better in the current circumstances, not that I entirely agree with your list?

People are discussing players coming and going in January but does anyone with inside information have any bright news on the transfer embargo?

No, Scouts are normally Wolf Clubs first and learn to Dib, Dib, Dib, and Dob, Dob, Dob, and after that they then progress on to knotting. camping, etc. (See Video)

Wow, that takes me back! My Dad was a Scout leader and Assistant District Commissioner in Essex, from quite young I used to go with him to Cub Camps at Belchamps, and I remember having those tents in the Guides as well, and racing to put them up - my patrol used to do quite well!

@londonblue mentioned, on a previous incarnation of this thread, that there were likely to be some players moved on in Jan, not finance related, and those involved would be players that you wouldn’t expect to be.
Any updates @londonblue ?

People are discussing players coming and going in January but does anyone with inside information have any bright news on the transfer embargo?
Nope.

Bottom line is the embargo remains in place until the case with HMRC is settled in court. To settle up with HMRC Ron needs the mythical bridging loan, which as yet doesn’t appear to have landed despite it being “agreed” many weeks ago…

The embargo is the last thing we need to be worrying about if this loan doesn’t land…

Nope.

Bottom line is the embargo remains in place until the case with HMRC is settled in court. To settle up with HMRC Ron needs the mythical bridging loan, which as yet doesn’t appear to have landed despite it being “agreed” many weeks ago…

The embargo is the last thing we need to be worrying about if this loan doesn’t land…
Although there are some loose rumours, from respected posters, that some form of loan has been attained in recent days/weeks.

How much, and from whom it has been borrowed, remain to be seen.

I guess we’ll find out either way - staff salaries for November will either be paid, or they won’t.

Back