• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

Well if nothing else I hope we get behind our kids with tremendous support and encouragement when the opportunity arises for us to show what this club and they mean to us

Firstly, the fact we’ve openly spoke about the fee (something we very very rarely do) makes me a little confused regarding this statement.

Secondly, we are led to believe that this unnamed player gives us the boot at 10:30.. who is the numpty who then gives the go ahead for Theo’s move to go ahead?

Thirdly, how have we managed to come out of the window with one less striker than we went in to it with?

I believe our status in League 1 is save.....bring on the youngsters, sure we'll lose a few games...and win a few, massive confidence boost and awareness of the path ahead …..but expose these guys to "proper football"

Deals fall through all the time. We didn’t get our replacement so we make Theo’s deal fall through as well. Absolutely perplexed by this
The key is the timing of the pull-out: 10.30pm. Taken on face value we got done at the last minute after Theo was announced as a done deal.
Have vented my spleen far too many times here on the poor bloke's limitations - at least his absence is going to keep my blood pressure down to low digits.

What a strange final day of the window. We spend the last 2 days chasing 3 different loan strikers and end it by having a 75k bid accepted for a striker who the management team had been after for some time! I'm guessing that bid was only accepted in the final couple of hours. At least we'll save £50k on Theo's wages between now and the end of the season

What a strange final day of the window. We spend the last 2 days chasing 3 different loan strikers and end it by having a 75k bid accepted for a striker who the management team had been after for some time! I'm guessing that bid was only accepted in the final couple of hours. At least we'll save £50k on Theo's wages between now and the end of the season

It won't be that much.

Wondering who the player is now. Must be either someone who was born around here or players around here at a young age?

Well Kelman has an unexpected opportunity he will never have expected- Hutchinson is an attacking midfielder really (good as he will be) so Wabo/Ba will have to step at to at some point...

High risk- but who knows someone may step up and make their career.

Thrown a few names at Chris Phillips all of which he has said no to.. apart from Morgan Ferrier at Walsall. Chris says he knows who the player is.

I'm guessing Johnson Clarke-Harris. He has ironically signed for Bristol Rovers. Rags up there saying deals were close with other League one clubs, but fell through last minute.

Back