• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

They're only minor injuries though, nobody's immune. With Bunn, he's a very muscular person. I have a friend that used to play for West Ham ladies. She became a PT and started bodybuilding. After that she more injury prone and always said 'more muscles, more problems'.
There's not a lot I can add to that mate.

I think the question here, and it's a very valid question which I think most SZ Users would agree needs clarifying and dealing with before the conversation goes further and I am sure you are aware that truth and honesty prevails but for the sake of curiosity please inform the board and get this out in the open so without doubt or misinterpretation and for the good of all ....

......... How do you know Ron has a little Ronnie ????

Good question and you're absolutely right - I'm guilty of jumping to conclusions here!

Sadly practically all of the available research on the OUTCOMES of January transfer window buys concerns the Premier League, Here until last years record outlays, most money is spent by the clubs in trouble, and has largely proven to be a waste of money.
However as usual there is always an exception to the rule and examples of the occasional outstanding success., such that one signing propels a team to promotion, success breeding success and improved TEAM spirit, So I dont know in the latter scenario whether thats down to good luck or exceptional scouting ability,
Either way I agree we need a big handful upfront on loan or otherwise and another Centre back I expect the loan market to come into play for us, Mind you Messi , Best and Law didnt sit at the top of the Beanstalk !

Might be worth having a look through Tottenham’s youth to see who they have similar to Hopper. With Powell’s contacts there and knowing the players from his time there it wouldn’t surprise me if we got someone from there.
It's just too rare that a prem youngster can handle the rough and tumble of league one. No thanks. For example they will not have a player like hopper in the academy.

I suspect a CF similar to Hopper has long since been identified- doubt its a man-boy at U23 level, more likely a unit at Championship level that’s not getting any game time and whose contract is up in the summer..

Callum Harriott at Reading might be a possibility on loan. Winger who doesn’t seem to have played this season - 24 yo former Charlton youth product who played under SCP. His 3 year contract expires this summer.

Callum Harriott at Reading might be a possibility on loan. Winger who doesn’t seem to have played this season - 24 yo former Charlton youth product who played under SCP. His 3 year contract expires this summer.
Could he pretend to be a centre forward Spiff?

Callum Harriott was really good at Charlton, if he's available then it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we went for him.

I work with Josh Clarke's brother (Brentford) and Powell approached to sign him in the summer but Brentford put a block on it, we then signed Bunn instead. I wonder if Powell will go back for him.

He'll easily get championship interest but his brother tells me that he just wants to play games, even of that means going to league one.

Still think we lack pace in the side.

They're only minor injuries though, nobody's immune. With Bunn, he's a very muscular person. I have a friend that used to play for West Ham ladies. She became a PT and started bodybuilding. After that she more injury prone and always said 'more muscles, more problems'.

? :Winking2:

Gills acknowledge Eaves and Holy likely to be on their way when the window opens, No agreement on contract talks and both players after a Championship opportunity. Gillinghams Manager said " We have a LIST of players if we need to strengthen , we would like to go out and get "
I wonder , given our new team of recruiters if we also have a decent list already to go ?

Back