• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree. We can - and will, in my opinion - stay up. To give up totally now would be unforgivable.

I would love you to be right Spiffy. But at this minute paddy power and betfair have us at 1/40 to go down Ladbroke and Coral are 1/33. If you want to have an earner you should go onto Betfair Exchange lay us to be relegated at a little better than those odds. You would be quids in if a miracle happens and we do stay up!!!!

I would love you to be right Spiffy. But at this minute paddy power and betfair have us at 1/40 to go down Ladbroke and Coral are 1/33. If you want to have an earner you should go onto Betfair Exchange lay us to be relegated at a little better than those odds. You would be quids in if a miracle happens and we do stay up!!!!

12/1 SkyBet, £30 stake wins £390 if we stay up. Done and dusted :Thumbs up:

Macclesfield players have been paid now apparently, so a fee would need paying. Sol would know most of them (obviously not the players signed in the summer), so they know his style which is a big plus, and hopefully they would want to move nd can step up the level

Macclesfield are 22nd in League Two for a reason, their players aren't good enough for that league (and won't be next season if/when we get relegated) or League One.

I don’t agree. We can - and will, in my opinion - stay up. To give up totally now would be unforgivable.
Probably need 1.8 points per game to even have a slight chance of staying up.

The players gave up ages ago, I think most fans must have given up by now?

I keep convincing myself, that our next game will herald the start of our revival. Alas, have been doing that for the last 6 weeks.
Loved to be proved wrong, but honestly cant see it happening?.

What we need in January

Goalkeeper
Right back
Centre back
Centre back
Left back
Right winger
Centre defensive midfielder
Centre attacking midfielder
Left winger
Forward
Forward

Think if we get these positions sorted, we will be alright ...

Probably need 1.8 points per game to even have a slight chance of staying up.

The players gave up ages ago, I think most fans must have given up by now?
Said it before and some people don’t agree we should be preparing for League 2 and hopefully a quick promotion with our recruitment. I’m sure our management team have a plan

What we need in January

Goalkeeper
Right back
Centre back
Centre back
Left back
Right winger
Centre defensive midfielder
Centre attacking midfielder
Left winger
Forward
Forward

Think if we get these positions sorted, we will be alright ...

Think we will also need seven more on the bench plus enough to cover for around a dozen injuries.

Macclesfield are 22nd in League Two for a reason, their players aren't good enough for that league (and won't be next season if/when we get relegated) or League One.
Macclesfield are 22 nd because of their points reduction, they infrequently get paid , the players stepped up for Sol, sign some. Hope Macclesfield find a proper owner so we can play them next year

Sort of player we could to do with. He has played a lot of games and still only 25 years old and has experience of League 2. Hopefully, the thought of working with Campbell will be incentive enough.

Theo Vassell from Macc

Rumour or definite? Source?

Could be an interesting player - here's what @silkmenarmy said about him recently:

Theo Vassell is a tank. Our best player for the first couple of months, very smart. No idea why Port vale let him go, fears no opponent. Kissed the badge when we beat Vale, rumours he’s on his way to Salford but if he’s playing your strikers will know about it.

Was signed by Sol at Macc a month before he left them.

Yeah they are 22nd for a reason, their points deduction, not the players. Without the points deduction they’d be 16th with 2 games in hand over most teams.

Even if they were 22nd because of the players it wouldn’t mean all of them aren’t good enough. We’re 22nd because of the players yet Hopper is still easily good enough for League 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back