• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

I thought about that but Chris Phillips said:

SOUTHEND United had been due to add another midfielder to their squad this week, only for their target to test positive for coronavirus.
To quote Chris' twitter....... ' A positive test stops Blues completing deal for league Two midfielder '.
It doesn't say the midfielder tested positive. I'm only putting the possibility out there.
Edit note. I have just seen an Echo article online which says the target was positive, so ignore me completely . :Smile2:

Does anyone know why O'Shane Stewart was on the bench ahead of Harry Phillips and Michael Klass on Saturday?

I wonder if it means they are both on their way out, although you would imagine if so it would be to a National League club and with the potential suspension of the National League this may call this into doubt.

Does anyone know why O'Shane Stewart was on the bench ahead of Harry Phillips and Michael Klass on Saturday?

I wonder if it means they are both on their way out, although you would imagine if so it would be to a National League club and with the potential suspension of the National League this may call this into doubt.

I'm not sure Klass is fit. He's been out recently.

With 7 subs on the bench it may also be a case of just giving someone a taste of first team football.

Dave - even at the age of 78 he would be more likely to score than the lot we’ve got now!
Billy is actually 77 (born 1943) Wikipedia shows born 1942, mind you when you type in Billy Best footballer you get a picture of a young Gary Moore wearing his Grimsby Town shirt :Hilarious:However I certainly agree when it comes to scoring goals he was such a natural finisher:Worthy:

Think of some forwards out of favour at Lge 1 sides I can think of one but IMO would be ambitious ?

Did give him a thought

they want him out they just signed Shockley from Preston and wasn’t in Charltons squad Saturday it is ambitious but who knows
[/QUOTE/]

Might aswell try are luck, you never know. Would be decent signing if he was to get back to the form whilst at grimsby.

What about Jaidon Anthony. London born 6ft Bournemouth forward, age 21, went on loan to Weymouth last season? MM must know him.

There is a rumour of a striker on loan from the Championship. Not an under 23 but someone with a track record but out of favour with the club.....Would certainly be the best option for us right now.

There is a rumour of a striker on loan from the Championship. Not an under 23 but someone with a track record but out of favour with the club.....Would certainly be the best option for us right now.

Calvin Andrew changed his mind? :Winking:

Back